Mississippi boy, 9, caught on day care surveillence video beating toddlers

Discussion in 'XDTalk Chatter Box' started by ron mexico75, Jul 26, 2012.

1. ron mexico75

ron mexico75 XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ummmmmm....I'll leave the comments up to you all.

The video is in the link.

Mississippi boy, 9, caught on day care surveillence video beating toddlers | Fox News

Disturbing video from a Mississippi day care center shows a 9-year-old boy beating several much younger children, including an 11-month-old, whom he punches and bites.
    The frightening footage, taken at the Kiddie City Child Care Center in Vicksburg, shows the bully attacking the baby and then patting the boy on the back as it cries and adults come in to check on them. Throughout the video, the child can be seen waiting until day care workers aren’t looking to launch another attack.
    In another instance, the 9-year-old drop kicks a young girl to the floor while a day care worker is standing just a few feet away looking out the window. Minutes later, the boy picks up the girl and kicks her directly in the chest, knocking her to the ground.
    The boy appeared before a judge in youth court with his mother Tuesday. Because he is under 12, he does not face any criminal charges, and police say any punishment likely will be aimed at rehabilitation, not punishment.
    Vicksburg police arrested a day care worker, Sandra Trevillion, and charged her with two counts of contributing to the neglect of a minor. Trevillion, who has since been fired from the Kiddie City Child Care Center, is out on bond and scheduled to be in court on Monday.
    Parents and workers told FoxNews.com the boy has a history of fighting with others and that this wasn't the first time he took to beating helpless toddlers.
    A worker at the Kiddie City Child Care Center, who did not want to be named, said the children are supposed to be separated by age during the day, but that the boy attacked when all of the children were brought together for pick-up.
    Jamie Williams told FoxNews.com his 1-year-old daughter came home on July 16 with bite marks on both her neck and cheek that were still bleeding, and his 11-month-old son also had bruises on his head.
    “They were just crying. They can’t talk, so I can’t get it from them. They couldn’t tell me (what had happened). They was just crying,” Williams said.
    Williams says when he went to the Kiddie City Child Care Center to find out what had happened, workers told him they had no idea.
    Williams then went into the day care and slapped the boy he thought was responsible. But turns out, it was the wrong boy.
    “I wasn’t going up there to do that,” Williams said. “I shouldn’t be hitting no child regardless, but you know, since I did do it, I wish it would’ve been the right one at least.”
    Williams is facing a misdemeanor simple assault charge and is scheduled to appear in court on Monday.

2. axel2078

axel2078 XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    That's a really sad situation and I'd be pretty upset if I was a parent of one of those kids that were made to suffer like that.

3. N.E. Tx.XD

N.E. Tx.XD XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    I'd say he'll be dead or in prison before he is 20 y/o. :cry:

4. ron mexico75

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    He had to have learned that behavior someplace don't you think?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  5. axel2078

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I don't know how to answer that. I have an autistic son who can be very violent when he gets angry. I don't go around the house beating my wife or my daughter when they upset me, but it doesn't stop him from trying it when he gets angry. I guess what I'm saying is that this boy may have some behavioral/social/mental issues that need to be evaluated and treated.

6. jblosser

jblosser XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would hope that the 9 year old gets the appropriate help with his problems - I'm thinking a strong dose of parental love might be a good place to start, but unfortunately may not be available.

As to the parent that went in and without knowing what child was responsible just up and slapped one of the kids? W.T.F.?

Gee, I wonder where the children are picking up their tendencies.

Sad situation all 'round - (perhaps/probably) bad parenting/lack of attention at home, daycare workers not paying attention, parents randomly smacking children...

I think I'll give Jr. an extra hug tonight - and maybe if it's not stupid hot/humid we'll hop on the motorcycle and go grab an ice cream.

7. ron mexico75

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Hmm interesting.

On another note, don't most reputable daycares seperate the different aged kids specifcally for issues like this?

I know while looking at several over the years all of them did.

8. petyweestraw

petyweestraw XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Naaa this was a game for this lil **** . Watch him. He waited for it to be clear. I've seen autistic kids loose it first hand. He learned this from his home life. Lil bastard . Id go to jail just to kick his ass.

9. Superdave70_02

Superdave70_02 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I mentored an autistic child for two years when he was 8-9. This daycare terror uses too much clear planning and manipulation (patting kid on back) for me to believe he has a mental illness.

I believe he is left to fend for himself at home or is abused and has started the cycle over. Maybe one parent or other family member beats him but is comforting when other parent or family is around.

I can understand charging daycare worker but believe parents should face charges as well. If he is doing that at daycare he doesn't stop when he walks out

10. axel2078

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Is there a video embedded in this thread somewhere? I don't see it, so our proxy may be blocking it.

11. Nacho Man

Nacho Man XDTalk 4K Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    "He jus a normal child." Auntie Shaniqua. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCATQmOXSAA&feature=related"]Disturbing Bad *** 9-Year-Old Boy Punching & Attacking Toddlers At Daycare! - YouTube[/ame]

12. Dal1as

Dal1as XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just watched that video and don't know what to say. Not sure I could lay a hand on a 9 year old kid but wouldn't mind meeting the parents. Like someone stated he learned that somewhere. :evil: Man, that video made me mad. When he kicked that girl from behind he could have seriously hurt her. Jeez.

13. AwPhuch

AwPhuch XDTalk 15K Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    application of this at a young age goes a looooong way of curing future violent outbursts..trust me...

The kid is 9...he needs his butt tore off a few times and he will learn

[​IMG]

14. curryman

curryman XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dont nobody no how ta speek english.

That jibberish give me a headache.

Curryman

15. Montourage

Montourage XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Agreed, unfortunately her IQ probably falls in the 70-85 range where the majority of criminals come from.