MidwayUSA Catalog request / experience

Discussion in 'The Ammo Can' started by GeoGordie, May 17, 2007.

1. GeoGordie

GeoGordie XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Your luck with getting a new MidwayUSA catalog ?
    Paid the “fee” for having a new catalog sent to me .. went the cheap route Media Mail. Yeah, I know cheap ol’ F&rt.
    Waited two weeks .. called to check on the delivery with customer service.
    Was told that since I opted for Media Mail it could take up to Two weeks .. well, OK
    Today, called again .. told them it had been THREE weeks now .. still no catalog. Was told today that it could be Two to FOUR weeks now .. come on .. I’ve got books from the West coast by Media Mail in just over ONE week. (I’m on the East Coast .. NC)
    What gives with Midway and their catalog ? Guess I should just order from Cabela’s .. got their catlog in ONE week when I asked for it …. Not so sure “I love this Stuff” request for a catalog now . Thanks for WHAT business !! ????
    Off the soap box .. your experiences with Midway ?

Gordon in Greensboro

2. GaryTx

GaryTx XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    My experience with MidwayUSA and with Cabela's has been great. I buy a lot from both of them so they now send me catalogs on a regular basis. They both are also very good about returns.

3. Krackels

Krackels XDTalk 25K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +157 / 0
    Never underestimate the slowness of media mail... First Class is much faster. If they'd send me another master catalog I'd send you mine.

4. XD-45

XD-45 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Midway is a very good company to do business with. Competitive pricing (most of the time) Quick shipping of instock merchandise. And good customer service.

5. qcpunk

qcpunk XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not too much experience with Midway catalogs, but Cabela's sends me catalogs regularly and I order from them regularly as well. I love their customer service and most of their products. Hope you get your Midway soon.

Cheers

6. Niner4Tango

Niner4Tango XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Midway has been top notch. I don't recall paying for a catalog, but they only send them once a year, I think. Lots of promo flyers thoughout the year.

7. jeff221

jeff221 XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I didn't pay for a catalog, actually I have an extra they sent me (Big name says "MASTER CATALOG #30 on the side). Is this what you're looking for? If so, I could send you my extra if you need...

8. Tiberius

Tiberius XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I asked for a catalog with my last order...it arrived with the order two days later. BTW......45ACP XD mags are $19.79 from Midway with the trade discount. I got 4 mags for under $70....the savings nearly paid for my C&R FFL.

9. nonnieselman

nonnieselman XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Midway USA is the only place i order from... They have been good to me. Every order was recieved in 3 buisness days. And there have been a few orders.......

10. Myk9noseknows

Myk9noseknows XDTalk 3K Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Midway is the best. Every order arrives in 2-3 days. I've ordered everything from gunsmithing tools to ammo and they get it right everytime. Post office sucks, but they ship UPS fast!

11. sa-xd9shooter

sa-xd9shooter XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Love MidwayUSA!!

12. Hoosier70

Hoosier70 XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    trade discount not that fimiliar w/ them what this ? Any discount on ammo is a big plus thx

13. CharlieHo

CharlieHo XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't even use the catalog, they all just collect dust. I do all my shopping online so I know if something is even in stock.

Most of the time I buy locally since once the shipping is added, the cost difference is nil.

Thumbs down on Midways new shipping policy. If you don't have a very large order, there is a $3-4 surcharge. Most of the other places I deal with will cut the shipping on small orders :confused: No wonder who they want to cater to:(

14. Prometheus

Prometheus XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Midway has had that policy for atleast the past 2 years. I've never been charged more than 11 bucks for shipping from them and I've placed some massive and heavy orders... so the 'minimum order' thing doesn't bother me, I know I've come out ahead on shipping and I never order less than that anyway, why waste shipping on less money? Wait a week and place a bigger order. I hate eating shiping charges on one part, so it's not an issue for me. Plus midway has somemany things I want anyway at decent prices, I rarely order for less than 100 bucks anyway. heck throw on some of their cleaning supplies to make 40 bucks... it's cheaper than walmart and no sales tax! :)

I get a catalog every year, thing is huge. I don't use it, I prefer their online site. Much easier.

Midwayusa is in my top 3 (if not #1) place to order from. I place an order today, it ships today and I have it within 2 days, 3 days if it's a holiday.

I can't speak highly enough about them. I'm actually going to be doing my first return to them next week (manufactures problem, not theirs) so I'll see how their return policy holds up, but I'm not expecting problem.

As to media mail, media mail can take 4 weeks. No joke, talk to a postmaster and they actually allow a total of 6 weeks on media/parcel post mailings.

When your catalog arrives check out the mail date, I'd bet it was the same day you called them.

15. Prometheus

Prometheus XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They give a discount to FFl holders, including C&R.

Discount varies per product and can be minimal (a few cents) to quite substantial.

My c&r has paid for itself atleast 5 times over in the 18 months I've had it and thats just on discounts like that. Doesn't include how much $$$ I've saved in transfer fees buying C&R weapons direct.