MEC-GAR MAGs

Discussion in 'SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories' started by ubergeek, Feb 25, 2010.

1. ubergeek

ubergeek XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just bought 2 13RD .40s&w mags for the SC I have from PISTOLGEAR (that site is THE xd toystore and I love it I have a whole wish list for the ol' tax return money) . IMHO MEC-GAR makes the best after market mags one can get and im not quite sure how they fit one more round in but I don't care :D. Besides the extra round cap I like the finish Im not a fan of the polished mags that the XD ships with and I can't find any SA matte black mags. Has any one run these mags in a XD40 SC with out the xtender sleeve? I imagine they will be just fine. They shipped today I should have them before range day this weekend I will update with a report.

2. goretro77

goretro77 XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    MecGar is a company owned by Beretta. They make magazines for not just the 92FS but also for the Sig Sauer Pistols. I use MecGar in my 92FS and P226 and they have been flawless.

3. alhersch

alhersch XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I purchased 4 of the 9mm mags from the same place and received my 4 mags but 2 of them were marked for 9mm and 2 were marked 40cal. I have only used the 9mm mags so far with not a single hiccup but have yet to use the 40cal marked mags, but if I read right those mags are the same and will work flawlessly as well.

I don't shoot as much as most ppl anymore, and i've never had my XD hiccup at all either.

Al

4. ericneth63

ericneth63 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Mec Gar mags are so much better made than the factory SA mags. Also not a fan of the SS finish IMO