Mec-Gar magazine for the XDm?

Discussion in 'SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories' started by jsa310, Dec 26, 2009.

1. jsa310

jsa310 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I purchased a 18rd mec-gar magazine for my paw-in-law's XD-9 and he loves it. It works flawlessly and it added (2) rounds...

Does anyone know if Mec-gar is planning to make an extended capacity magazine for the XDm? It would be great if they made a 21rd mag for the 9mm. :)

I do know that Arredondo makes extended bases, but I'm looking for a more flush fit solution.

Thanks

2. jsa310

jsa310 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anyone?

3. jsa310

jsa310 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wrote Mec-Gar about this and received no reply... oh well.

And it seems that this forum is full of "look at my new XDm" or "look at my new 3.8" threads instead of useful information... :roll:

4. 109ace

109ace XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    What useful information would you like? The XDm is still new compared to the XD so there is not as much aftermarket support for it. If people want to show off their new XDm's let them, that's part of the fun. If you look around, there is a lot of info on the XDm from full frame dis-assembly, trigger jobs, different sights and many other custom mods and tweaks that members have done.

If someone wants to make new mags for the XDm, then all the power to them. I am not sure if they will be able to stuff anymore rounds in there while maintaining a flush fit mag, but if they can then great! More then likely, Mec- Gar will not make mags for the XDm, but that is only speculation. Real news will be a .22lr kit!

5. psijac

psijac XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  6. 109ace

109ace XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    The mag extensions over at pistol gear are the best way to increase capacity, they are far from flush fit but they will give the XDm a lot of firepower! They have very good reviews and seem to function as well as the stock mags. The plus side is that it is not a permanent mod so if you don't like them, you can easily swap them out for the stock spring and base plate.