Springfield XD Forum banner

Magazine Base Plates

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  hfrog355 
#1 ·
I went to replace some magazine springs the other day only to discover one of the base plates is of a different design. I forgot to get pictures of it (I'll grab some later), but one of them had a notch of some sort on it to hold the spring in place, instead of just the little hole for the spring dimple (I shoot a 4.5" XDm in 9mm). I pulled off a couple of others and it's the only one like it I have. They're all factory mags. I like this design a lot more than just the little hole. I have had trouble with the little hole holding the spring in place before.

Is this how SA is making XDm mags now?

#2 ·
Nobody, huh? Here are some pictures.

The plate on the left has a little shelf that catches the spring (which doesn't need the dimple) to hold the magazine in place. The one on the right is more like what I'm used to seeing.

And here you can see a slot cut out of the magazine body for the extra material on the base plate to fit.

I'm not sure where or when I got the magazine on the left. Is this a new design that Springfield is using? I hope so...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.