Love my XDm 3.8 .45!

Discussion in 'XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)' started by Chewy1576, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Chewy1576

Chewy1576 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey all!

I started browsing this forum after I picked up my XDm compact .45 so I figured I would join. Had some time last weekend to put 50 rounds through it and I love it! Waiting on my CCP to come in the mail and looking for a nice holster so I can carry this bad boy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

2. bigred1

bigred1 XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome to the forum from Western PA. I have the same .45 in bi-tone and love it. I carry it everyday in a Crossbreed Supertuck Delux, Combat cut IWB holster. Very comfortable....

[​IMG]

3. Chewy1576

Chewy1576 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm from UT by the way. I was thinking of carrying OWB but can't find any holsters I like. I want a leather pancake style but I can't find any locally and would like to try one before I spend money on one. Guess I can just use the plastic one that came with the gun for now.

4. 57K

57K XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 3
    Congrats and welcome to the forum from Texas! Some anti-XD/XDm people here will tell you that the factory holster is a cheap POS. Just ignore them. Nothing wrong with the factory holster and the tension adjustment allows for very secure carry. Seems like some people think they should have got a free $100 concealment holster with their pistol. I wear the factory holster when I'm at the range and it works just fine. ;)

5. MitchTX

MitchTX XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have about 300 rounds through mine, love it, no issues at all. Waiting on my CHL to arrive.

6. johnnyblack

johnnyblack XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I too have the xdm 45 sub..just picked up a dm bullard bodyguard owb. It's not a pancake, but has a very aggressive cant, sits high and has leather to protect the top of the slide from your body....which I like a lot...kinda pricey,(bout 85+ ship) but I would recommend.

7. Chewy1576

Chewy1576 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have tried on the XDm holster and I think it will be fine for a while. My father in law does leatherwork and he bought a Beretta PX4 Storm Sub when I bought my XD so I'm hoping he will put together a custom one or something.

8. Mack21

Mack21 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That sure is a pretty setup.

Chewy, if youre looking for a light to mount, LApolicegear has a deal on TLR1s for 99. I picked one up last week. I think it's a good deal considering the strobe feature boosts the standard price dramatically.

9. ciollika

ciollika XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The only gripe I have with the factory holster is if you have it at the 3 or 4 o'clock position, and are wearing jeans with those little metal nobbie things at the corner of your pockets, the slide will rub against them and mar up your nice finish. For this reason, I don't use the factory holsters unless I'm at the range NOT wearing jeans.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD