lookin for a 22 mag rifle

Discussion in 'Non-XD Handguns' started by s&w22aellafrits, Feb 15, 2009.

1. s&w22aellafrits

s&w22aellafrits XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    OK, so i need a .22 wmr rifle. I don"t want any single shot. I'm thinking marlin or savage. Any info and pictures :grin: would help.

thanks

2. spoolup

spoolup XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Ill vote savage, but nothing wrong with the Marlin either, both are great choices. If you go with the savage, make sure it has the accutrigger. I have a 17HMR Savage that can hit a fly at 50yards. Gun is seriously FUN to shoot. Sure the 22mag will be as well.

Took my father out earily this year to say thank you for getting me into guns at a young age. He put as many rounds down range with the 17 as he did the ARs. Here is the gun and him shooting it that day. Savage BVSS 17 with Leupold VX-II 4-12 AO.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. s&w22aellafrits

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    My dad has one hust like that but blued and w/ a walnut stock. It can shoot the nozzel of a spray can at 50 yards.

I have a marlin and it is great, and they aren't as much as a savage and i need .22 mag for varmint and maybe predator hunting, so it will have to be accurate with a nice scope and probabley a bipod.

4. FATSEXY

FATSEXY XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Get a Marlin, put an inexpensive sight on it, stack up shots all day long. I put a 15 dollar scope on my Marlin when I got it just "until I found a better one", and after shooting a load of skunks and bottles with it, I have kept the cheap 15 dollar scope on it. Awesome gun.

5. s&w22aellafrits

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Sounds good. What model .22 wmr should i get?

6. Brickboy240

Brickboy240 XDTalk 25K Member

Ratings:
    +322 / 4
    I shot the Savage just like the one above, but in a black synthetic stock and really liked it. Pretty accurate and it was only wearing a 30 dollar 3x9x32 Wal Mart bought Bushnell.

I could make the squirrels an other small critters very nervous around here with that rifle. Someday, I will get a 22mag rifle and it will probably be one like that Savage.

My cousin has an old mag-fed Mossberg 22mag boltgun an it too is pretty accurate.

Never shot the Marlin 22mag boltguns, but I own four Marlin lever actions. If their 22mag boltgun is as good as their levers...that would be a great choice too.

- brickboy240