LG-445 or LG-448

Discussion in 'SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories' started by Brent_NC, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Brent_NC

Brent_NC XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This should actually be a LG-445 vs a LG-446 for a XD9 and or a XD9sc. Sorry for the goof.

Anyone have experience with either or both. I don't really see the benefit the LG-448 gives. As I see it it limits your holster options but it does look to be slightly cheaper.

Maybe give me some ideas on your buying choices.

Thanks

2. D0GMAN

D0GMAN XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The 446 has a master on-off IIRC and you can also use your finger to cover the beam if needed.

3. XD40 TN

XD40 TN XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The LG-445 fit the .45 ACP and nothing else according to their website. The LG-446 is the same thing that fits the others.

4. TACC XD

TACC XD XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The only holster I am aware o for these laser/firearm combos is the Crossbreed version for them, are there others?

5. ThumperIII

ThumperIII XDTalk 1K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    As stated above, the 445 is only for the XD-45acp, the 446 fits all other XD caliber pistols except the 45acp. This is because all calibers except the 45acp share the same frame. The 45acp has a larger frame. Neither laser requires any change to fit most holsters. Both designs are installed mainly on the grip portion of the pistol. This leaves the rail free for mounting other accessories like a light.
    The LG-448 is a universal fit design that will mount on all XD and all XDm pistols. Because this is a rail mounted laser, it will require holster modifications to fit properly. Since it is rail mounted, no other rail mount accessory can be installed at the saame time.

6. lovemyxd9

lovemyxd9 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When i get one, I want the lasergrip, because I won't have to have my holster modified to fit it. Its more expensive, but at least I won't have to send my holster back to get it redone.

7. flashsplat

flashsplat XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I bought my crossbread and LG-448 at the same time. I really like the LG-448. Still waiting on the holster.

I like the under the barrel laser because to me it just seems like it would be more accurate at various ranges. Instead of adjusting it left, right up and down.. you would just adjust up and down with the 448.

So i guess, ask yourself if you mind buying another holster and if you think you'll want to attach anything else to the rail.

You should have thought about this sooner ;) - You just missed the 50 Mail in rebate!

8. GhostDog70

GhostDog70 XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The LG-448 is definitely on my list of accessories to buy. I just don't understand why more holster manufacturers haven't come up with a viable option for these and other lasers, lights, and rail-mounted accessories. Seems like there's a fortune to be made there.

9. Brent_NC

Brent_NC XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for all the responses guys!

10. PhxAz XD9

PhxAz XD9 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have the grip on my XD9 service. I prefer the grip as opposed to the hairs becuz; I can mount my stl1 on at night with lil hassle, almost all my holsters still worked. The ones that hindered proper bolstering I took the dremel to the kydex and customized holsters very easily. And regardless of grip or rail mount, both with need adjustment for windage and elevation. The 446 does fatten the grip a lil. But not enough to bother me.