Last prize is the best SOCOM M1A QCB

Discussion in 'M1A Series' started by Pandaz3, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Jan 17, 2016 #1
    Pandaz3

Pandaz3 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 1
    Well the newest M1A model is released and here are some of the details from the marketing department

"
    For over 230 years, the name Springfield Armory® has been associated with proven combat arms. This storied tradition continues with the all-new SOCOM 16 CQB. A modernized descendant of the distinguished M14 and M1A™ rifles, the SOCOM 16 CQB is designed for serious defensive use as its Close Quarters Battle name implies.

Nearly ten inches shorter than the M1A™ standard model, the CQB offers quick and easy handling for defensive use indoors or out. The authoritative .308 chambering with optional 20-round magazines won't leave you wanting more fight-stopping effectiveness.

If you're looking for a defensive rifle, you'll find the CQB outfitted right out of the box with the features that can make all the difference when it counts. The adjustable buttstock, with 5 position length and 2 position adjustable cheek piece, is mounted on a standard AR-type commercial buffer tube, so you can always choose the perfect stock for your needs from hundreds of AR-compatible stocks. The AK-style pistol grip places the exact grip angle and distance desired between the hand and trigger, and the CQB accepts any standard AK-style replacement.

The CQB stands ready for the addition of your favorite gear with the M-Lok compatible system. One seven-slot and two three-slot rail segments, factory installed, that can be mounted at the three, six, or nine o'clock positions. Also there is a fixed top rail that provides the perfect location for a scout optic should your needs dictate engaging from a distance.

Out of the box, you'll be ready to hit your target quickly day or night. An XS front post front sight with tritium insert appears effortlessly through the aperture rear sight, and an optional factory CQB rifle comes equipped with a proprietary Springfield Armory® clip guide red dot mount with a Vortex® Venom Red Dot sight which enables fast target acquisition indoors or out.

Not to leave out the finishing touches, we've packaged this new SOCOM 16 CQB in a custom ballistic nylon tactical case complete with internal supports, owners manual storage, and pockets for up to three magazines.

When it comes to protecting the ones you love, trust the First Name in American Firearms, Springfield Armory®."

So I first think it is a great option, there is a mix of reasonably available parts To further customize the platform if that is what blows your skirt up. Careful though, you do need to pay attention. The stock is for a COMMECIAL size buffer tube and while that makes sense as it is slightly larger in diameter, it is not the same as the more prolific Mil-spec size. My current favorite is the Taclite from ATI and they make it for both size tubes (I like it as it rattles less for me) also it is not a AR style Pistol Grip, but rather a AK style (As in AKM or AK47) again not a bad thing and certainly available on the net and a few physical stores. I would prefer a more vertical grip firing from the shoulder, but the current slant is better from the hip. The truly great thing is you can easily (But semi permanent) change it to match your style. (Semi permanent as it takes time, tools and another grip to change)

I am sure you could mount a different red dot sight if that Vortex was not your style, but there might not be many choices that would fit and allow function of the ejection cycle.

All in all very exciting addition.

2. Jan 18, 2016 #2
    Kazz

Kazz XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 3
    The only problem with it is that I didn't win one!

• Agree Agree x 1