Laser/Tac Light Dilemma

Discussion in 'Optics and Glass' started by berkebrian, Apr 11, 2012.

1. berkebrian

berkebrian XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey all, I'm new around here...just purchased my first handgun: XDM9. I'd like to get a laser/light combo. After doing some reading I've got it narrowed down to the Viridian Universal Mount Green Laser Sight with Tac Light or the Streamlight TLR-2s.

Both have decent reviews, but I figure I'd ask around here. I love the idea of a green laser, but I read that the battery drains a lot even when not in use...which isn't idea for a home defense weapon. Any thoughts?

2. Happypuppy

Happypuppy XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't have either of those but on a Glock I have their laser /light combo. They claim is that green is brighter easy to see. Maybe true I don't know. The red seems nice and bright. I do know that the red light tactical light works really well, is easy to use and the battery is lasting forever. On a Personal defense gun lasers they are really nice put the dot on the target and press the trigger. The light gives me the ability to see what I am shooting. I am a believer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Another

Another XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    knows what a red dot on their chest means. I'm not one to be on the cutting edge of technology. The Edsel was a better car, and the Mac a better computer, but for their time a Chevy and PC ruled.