Springfield XD Forum banner

Korean AK mags

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Litterbox 
#1 ·
I just got 5 of the Korean mags from CFS for 7.5 each plus shipping. I read many posts on how thin these were, pre rusted ect. My mags came in as new in zip lock bags no rust at all. The mags are as heavy as my chicom and east Europe mags. They function flawless in my WASR and thpe 56 rifle. I don't know if quality control was an issue several years ago or what but these are great for the money. Just like my KCI Glock mags that I can read many disparaging remarks on but my 33s and 15s work as good as my OEM Glock mags.

#3 ·
I recently ordered 2 cases of 7.62x39 and each came with a free mag (yes, Korean).

They are decidedly silver/grayish in color, but otherwise just like most any other surplus steel mag. Fine.

Where you getting them for 7.50?

#6 ·
I need to update.

The Korean mags worked fine in the Rommy AK, but won't lock into the NPAP.

I may could work on the mag catch a little, but I'll just continue using them in the Rommy.

#7 ·
I snagged a few for like $7 apiece, and they seem the same as all of my other steel mags, except my Chinese flatbacks. Not really a fan of the grey color, but for the price, so what. And they function just as well as an AK mag should.

Oh, and I've only used em in my Maadi and my RPM (Egyptian RPK). But no problems in either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.