Keltec RFB Range Report

Discussion in 'Bullpup Talk' started by ryr8828, Dec 28, 2010.

1. ryr8828

ryr8828 XDTalk 3K Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0
    Range report, got to put about 10 through it tonight after work just before dark. Sighting in at 50 yards. It's almost impossible to shoot off of a bag for me right now, but I'll figure it out. Couldn't figure out how to get it in the lead sled either so I am the weak link in the accuracy.
    Primary arms 1-4x24 illuminated scope started out 5 inches low and 3 inches right.

On one 3 shot adjustment I actually got 3 touching, although 2" high and 1" left.

My last one of the night was in the center of the target, it was getting cold and dark so I quit. I think I'm going to love this pup. I noticed no recoil although I know there is some. Like the other 2 bullpups I own, the brass is right there by where I'm shooting.

I'll have to sight in again because I'm going to have to get another scope mount. I have too much eye relief for Marshall's primary arms scope and the mount I bought doesn't look like I can get any less. I had to turn the mount around so my knuckles won't get chewed up when I work the charging handle and it just doesn't work backwards.

I'm positive that this unit will be more accurate than I can be. I think I can shoot it without a rest more accurate than I can my DPMS LR308. Off of a bag I couldn't, the dpms would be more accurate.
    No failures of any kind but it was only 10 rounds and only 3 in a row without laying the rifle down to check the target.

All in all I thought it was excellent considering I'm learning both the new rifle and how the new scope works at the same time. I like the ergonomics of both the fs2000 and the ps90 better than the RFB, but let's face it neither one of them is a .308 so the RFB is and I guess has to be quite different (It seems much heavier). No doubt the weight of it helped with the nonexistent recoil.

I could have shot it longer but as I was setting up I remembered I hadn't run anything through the barrel. I'd taken it apart before but for some reason I hadn't checked the barrel. I always like to run a snake through the barrel of anything before I shoot it for the first time. I'd recommend that to everyone.

All in all I'm happy with my purchase so far.

2. XDMulisha

XDMulisha XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Nice, I just posted a feedback thread on this rifle and then noticed you had done so. I am really interested in owning one of these rifles. I was never a huge bullpup fan until I saw vids of it from the 2011 SHOT show. Now I must have it. So obviously you are enjoying then? You got any pictures? And if I do purchase it, would you recommend an EOTech or something with some reach. I dont want an all out "scope scope" though, I think it would look funny with a sniper/hunting scope on there.

3. ryr8828

ryr8828 XDTalk 3K Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0
    Here's a picture of it with my fs2000 and ps90.

[​IMG]

4. aubie515

aubie515 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I saw your pics on KTOG...I left that forum...I couldn't deal with the people there...anyway, nice picture of the FS2000 along with the PS90.

I only have the PS90 and RFB. I still have not shot my RFB yet. Is your PEPR mount working well for you on backwards? I'm sure it will...to me it looks really goofy. I have my PEPR mounted forward. I figured if the charging handle gets in my way, I'll just put the charging handle on the RS.

I ended up with the Leatherwood CMR optic since it was already calibrated for 168gr .308, which is what I am loading for my RFB. I thought about the DMS or the Tac 30, but neither of those optics were had BDC for 308.

ETA...pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. ryr8828

ryr8828 XDTalk 3K Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0
    I had to turn the mount back around the way it's made to go. I couldn't get enough eye relief.
    Now I just have to watch it so I don't rip my knuckles open on the mount nuts when I use the charging handle. Giving thought to moving the charging handle to the right side so I don't have to worry about it.