Springfield XD Forum banner

Kalashnikov USA?

5K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  KTXdm9 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Just read it on FB this morning! Seems interesting to me! Any way to get the Russian-quality AKs that at same time help American workers AND piss off the president by getting around his ban sounds good to me!

I'd be interested to see what the prices on rifles end up being though...

Reactions: AWDeanSR
#14 ·
saw this on FB from shot show yesterday

hmmm ... bet that Az is one of three.

My last day in my eliminated position is next Friday. This could be another target company for my hunt. That'd be awesome ...

#15 ·
As was stated elsewhere, don't get too happy, the chances of their manufacturing anything in 2015 is pretty slim.
This could take at least a year or more, if they do start producing firearms in 2015 then they've really done something.
But rushing everything along, slapping together a factory, tossing in unskilled labor & making firearms is a recipe for some really crappy guns.

They haven't even settled on a State as of this article.
Much less obtained a building for a manufacturing facility.
Installed and tested all the tooling.
Gone through trials of obtaining permits, licenses, inspections & miles of bureaucratic red tap.
Nor have they acquired employees & trained them.

#16 ·
all true - and I have engineering experience setting up green field factories ...

#23 ·
I saw them at SHOT.... one of the cooler experiences. Not sure if they are Leigon/Arsenal but all of the Russian chicks had black suits on and were very cold.. it was cool.

I'll confirm that yes there is now a Kalishnakov USA.

#26 ·
I welcome it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.