Kahr pm9, shoots low right.

Discussion in 'Non-XD Handguns' started by ThomasA, Apr 3, 2009.

1. ThomasA

ThomasA XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I was just putting the break-in rounds through the gun today. I put the first 52 through on Monday after I had JUST picked it up literally an hour earlier. Shot 2 stages of a steel match and bullseyed everything, including the longest plate and that was 20yds away. I was using someone's reloads and had no malfunctions at all. Today I put about 100 rounds through it. MAN my hand hurts lol. If I'm at about 7-10 yards it shoots very well. Anything past that and it starts to go low right. I wish I took my camera with me. At 15 yards I'd say it was about 6 inches over and 6 inches down. At 20yds Id say it was about 8 inches over and 8 inches down. Now I know it's not my grip. There were two other guys there I'd never met before and I let them shoot a mag each. Both guys shot right about 6" and 4" down at ~12yds. They weren't even on the target, there were on the backdrop cardboard. All of this was with blazer brass 115gr. Can ammo really make that much of a difference? I got frustrated and pulled out my XD9 4" at about 15 yards, rapid fired, and grouped 4" bullseyes pulling the trigger as soon as it came on target. I KNOW it's not me.

Any thoughts?

-Thomas

2. ThomasA

ThomasA XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Okay, no responses yet. Well here's some more info. I went today and shot 3 mags of each of the following: Winchester 147gr JHP, CCI Aluminum 115gr FMJ, CCI Aluminum 124gr FMJ, American Eagle 124gr FMJ, Speer GoldDot 124gr JHP. I pointed in the crosshair marked in the photo and the rounds hit the target where shown.

Should the sights be off this bad at 20yds from the factory? They are 8" target, the rounds were off about 12" diagonally down and right. This is slow fire at rest.

-Thomas

[​IMG]

3. JIffyLube

JIffyLube XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Just curious, are you left-handed?

4. ThomasA

ThomasA XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Right handed. Like I said, I could rapid fire from 20yds with either of my XD's and put a ragged hole in the center. I know my shots from the Kahr are spaced out, but 1. the damn thing is hard to hold on to! 2. still getting used to the long trigger pull. 3. I didn't have anything to aim, like a bullsye because I was conpensating for the low-right condition.
    -Thomas

5. Groo

Groo XDTalk 10K Member

Ratings:
    +167 / 1
    I'd say #1 and #2 could be at least part of the problem. did you try shooting from a rest?

6. longun45

longun45 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Shoot everything from a very solid rest and then get back to us. The wise men here will then pass judgement on the worthiness of your firearm. lol

7. ThomasA

ThomasA XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    They were ALL at rest.
    -Thomas