Kahr CM9 with pinky extension mag

Discussion in 'General Firearms Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by robistro, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Mar 10, 2017 #11
    TSiWRX

TSiWRX XDTalk 4K Member

Ratings:
    +2,126 / 7
    Ah...that's a problem.

Have you tried re-shaping that are on the extension. That may help.

2. Mar 10, 2017 #12
    robistro

robistro XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +146 / 1
    Nope, I just went with the flat floor plate, now all is good.
    The gun came with the Pierce grip installed on the mag.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mar 10, 2017 #13
    TSiWRX

TSiWRX XDTalk 4K Member

Ratings:
    +2,126 / 7
    ^ Good stuff. :)

I rarely shoot my PM9. I only carry it perhaps once or twice a year, when I exhaust gear possibilities of dropping my carry profile low enough that I can't successfully pull off carrying my 3.8 Compact.

It's an exceptional shooter for its size. I'm definitely not as well-practiced with its trigger path as I should be, but I've seen some folks really lay it down, with this small gun. Find the right ammo for it (mine prefers Speer Gold Dots over Federal's HSTs - the latter of which it starts "hanging" a bit after about 100 rounds of carbon fouling), and it punches well above its weight.

4. Mar 11, 2017 #14
    robistro

Ratings:
    +146 / 1
    Agreed-
    Like I said earlier, I was expecting a few issues during my first 200 rounds, due to all the issues people post on these forums, but I haven't had any issues. I shot another 150 rounds through it from 5-7 and 10 yards for the heck of it, to finish breaking it in and get use to the revolver like trigger. I was happy with the results. (I didnt pull any shots due to the trigger)
    I have a total of 300 rounds through it now, and the gun feels a little smoother.
    I did run 2 magazines of the Sig HPs through it without issue, but I still want to run more HPs and try out a few different types.

Maybe people posting issues, aren't running brass through it or cleaning it thoroughly prior to its first trip to the range, or apparently I got lucky and received 'one of the few that run out of the box'

Anyway, Im happy with it, I like the gun, I'm a shorts/t-shirt guy in the summer, so I bought for this purpose, and its in 9mm instead of 380

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mar 11, 2017 #15
    TSiWRX

TSiWRX XDTalk 4K Member

Ratings:
    +2,126 / 7
    ^ I am not sure why so many people report problems with the PM/CM/MK, either. Mine has also been problem free, but I came to mine through a fellow local shooter, so it was broken-in already. :) He claimed (and I have no reason to not believe him) that the gun had already offered him 300 rounds of trouble-free shooting by that time.

Overall, I think that smaller autopistols simply run closer to that edge of reliability.

The PM/CM/MK is a good platform, proven by time and use - but it's still bound by the physics of the system, and I think that's why we tend to hear more of such concerns.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Mar 11, 2017 #16
    DevJames

DevJames XDTalk 15K Member

Ratings:
    +4,654 / 50
    They either ignore the break in or have weak wrists.

My PM9 has been fine after around 190 count.

It's convenient to just slip in a pocket with a Desantis Nemesis....

Mine shares the 124gr HST with my 19. They feed good, shoot good and have done good in 3" barrel tests.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Mar 11, 2017 #17
    robistro

Ratings:
    +146 / 1
    I agree on ignoring break-in.
    I was looking for some 124gr this afternoon and noticed 147gr Speer G2 at $15 for a box of 50 (had to buy at that price) I'll be feeding this through it next trip to let it have a taste.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mar 12, 2017 #18
    DevJames

Ratings:
    +4,654 / 50
    That's stupid cheap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mar 12, 2017 #19
    TSiWRX

TSiWRX XDTalk 4K Member

Ratings:
    +2,126 / 7
    ^ Whoa!!!!! Yeah, I'd be buying that, too, like boxes of Girl Scout Cookies!!! :lol:

Just to clarify, I did not mean to insinuate that the HST would not - rather, just that it doesn't go in quite as smoothly as Speer's GDHPs, in my specific/unique PM9.

My apology if I made it read as if that was a generalized statement. That is certainly not the case, nor was that my intent! :oops:

Even with my specific/unique gun, I don't notice the slight feed hickup until I've put about 100-150 rounds' worth of ammo downrange. The carbon plus some kind of specific issue with my gun or mags causes the slide to literally "skip a beat" or pause just ever so slightly before going to-battery when I drop the slide-release on the reload, with my preferred HSTs.

It's a bit unrealistic, I think, for a sub-compact "carry" gun to be expected to go 100 to 150 rounds in a setting, so this is really just academic, for me....but hey, zombies are always a possibility!!!!! :lol:

10. Mar 12, 2017 #20
    DevJames

Ratings:
    +4,654 / 50
    Two of them side by side can shoot the same load vastly different.

We all know that.

• Like Like x 1