Springfield XD Forum banner

just got my first AK-47

6K views 47 replies 25 participants last post by  axel2078 
#1 ·
My wife and dad went in together to get me a Yugo M70 NPAP AK-47. I love it and can't wait to try it out. One odd thing I noticed is that the official certificate that came with it in the packaging was for a different rifle. The rifle itself states it is an NPAP, as well as the bar code that was around the trigger guard and the UPC label on the box itself. The certificate that came with it certifies that is an OPAP model with a totally different serial number. Odd. Oh well.
Firearm Gun Rifle Trigger Assault rifle

See less See more
#32 ·
Very nice!! I'll be picking up my first AK at a gun show over New Year's Weekend. Have fun with it and be sure to give a range report of how she shoots!!

#33 ·
Some really good info here.

The buttstock isn't really standard AK style, but since you were talking about an AR stock, check this out. It's made specifically for the pap's and has everything you're looking for, including a place to mount a sling on the rear. I used a standard SKS sling with leather tabs.

Yugoslavian M4 Fixed Stock Adapter - CANIS Design Group
+
AR-15 Carbine Buffer Tube - Mil-Spec Diameter - CANIS Design Group
+
AR-15 Castle Nut - CANIS Design Group
+
ProMag Receiver End Plate Slot Sling Mount Adapter AR-15 LR-308
+
MAGPUL - AR-15 M16 MOE BUTTSTOCK - CANIS Design Group

#35 ·
Reactions: Minkman555
#38 ·
My wife and dad went in together to get me a Yugo M70 NPAP AK-47. I love it and can't wait to try it out. One odd thing I noticed is that the official certificate that came with it in the packaging was for a different rifle. The rifle itself states it is an NPAP, as well as the bar code that was around the trigger guard and the UPC label on the box itself. The certificate that came with it certifies that is an OPAP model with a totally different serial number. Odd. Oh well.
View attachment 31359
Very nice! Welcome to the AK sickeness! You have a great wife and father too - that was thoughtful of them:-D

#41 ·
I love my N-PAP Zastava AK 47, I have shot M62, some strange Russian hunting ammo HP, Tulammo, Silver Bear Wolf and Chinese Norico ammo I not sure on the spelling of that. I have had no issues runs like a champ. If you where looking to replace that pistol grip on it I would recommend the Hogue AK grip, I have tried others and the Hogue grips feels like it was made for it, also got the Hogue for Yugo handguard kit. I included at pic of that Russian ammo the top of the box.
Text Font Material property Finger
Shotgun
Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft gun Revolver
Gun Airsoft gun Machine gun Trigger Recreation

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.