Springfield XD Forum banner

just got my first AK-47

6K views 47 replies 25 participants last post by  axel2078 
#1 ·
My wife and dad went in together to get me a Yugo M70 NPAP AK-47. I love it and can't wait to try it out. One odd thing I noticed is that the official certificate that came with it in the packaging was for a different rifle. The rifle itself states it is an NPAP, as well as the bar code that was around the trigger guard and the UPC label on the box itself. The certificate that came with it certifies that is an OPAP model with a totally different serial number. Odd. Oh well.
Firearm Gun Rifle Trigger Assault rifle

See less See more
#4 ·
That makes two of us that had an NPAP under the Christmas tree.

Congratulations.

#5 ·
thats pretty. congrats

#7 ·
My wife and dad went in together to get me a Yugo M70 NPAP AK-47. I love it and can't wait to try it out. One odd thing I noticed is that the official certificate that came with it in the packaging was for a different rifle. The rifle itself states it is an NPAP, as well as the bar code that was around the trigger guard and the UPC label on the box itself. The certificate that came with it certifies that is an OPAP model with a totally different serial number. Odd. Oh well.
View attachment 31359
Not unusual at all for the N/O-PAP line.

Pretty sure my OPAP came with a N certificate.

#9 ·
Congrats!

#25 ·
After looking at my rifle again, I only see one attachment point on the front of the rifle. There is nothing on the stock to clip the sling onto. I don't know much about slings and don't really know what kinds I should be looking for. I just want to be able to sling it across my back so I don't have to carry it all the time.

#26 ·
The PAP does not come with a rear sling point attachment like the WASR. If you plan on keeping that stock, you can easily add a swing swivel. I would suggest taping off and drilling a pilot hole to avoid any possibility of splitting.

You could look to a "shotgun" sling that just lynches around the stock but since AK's are usually carried more comfortably upside down and to the rear for long distances, I suggest the swivel stud.

#29 ·
It's not anymore difficult than changing a stock on any other battle rifle, it's just that there is a lot fewer choices for the NPAP. As they grow in popularity, I'm sure more and more options will emerge.

If I remember correctly, (I don't own an AK, yet. I've just studied military firearms.) the NPAP uses a bolt that runs through the butt stock and connects to a plate at the back of the receiver housing. You access this by removing the butt pad. The WASR uses a tang screw just behind the dust cover.

#31 ·
Sweet gift. Hoping next year I can find a firearm under the tree

sent from the german sheperd next to me

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.