Springfield XD Forum banner

Just got a Sig P320

6K views 88 replies 21 participants last post by  bravodelta 
#1 ·
I traded a Canik TP9SF to get a Sig P320. I'll post pictures when I pick it up

#6 ·
Hmmm....Can't fathom why someone would trade you their P320 for the Canik o_O

Nevertheless, I'd say you got the best end of that deal. Am sure you had to throw in a few more bones for it??

#8 ·
It has been brought to my attention that since I'm going to be moving soon that a $500 pistol shouldn't be in the works for me right now (maybe later when things settle) I will be calling my legs tomorrow morning and switching the gun I have on layaway to a Smith and Wesson 9mm shield.

#10 · (Edited)
You could have traded the Canik for a Shield straight up. How much did they give you for the Canik, and how much are they charging for the Shield? Matter of fact, with the Shield rebate, I'd kept the Canik, and would have brought the $240 (after rebate) Shield ($319 before rebate). Seems like you made a bad deal now.

#11 ·
Well, part of my saying I'd get the shield is because I was freaking out over overspending but, I'd probably get something a little bit better than that. Just not quite as expensive as the sig. note that the main reason I traded in the Sig was for ethical issues I have with Turkey. Say what you want but, I don't want that kind of controversy in my house

#15 ·
Well, part of my saying I'd get the shield is because I was freaking out over overspending but, I'd probably get something a little bit better than that. Just not quite as expensive as the sig. note that the main reason I traded in the Sig was for ethical issues I have with Turkey. Say what you want but, I don't want that kind of controversy in my house
What controversy? It's just an inanimate object you already purchased, i.e., Canik already received funds....

Anyway, what else you got in mind OP other than the Shield? Don't get me wrong, the Shield is a nice gun. I own one in 9mm, 40s&w, and a PC 45acp. I was just saying that it seems like you're loosing money on the deal.

#16 ·
I'm looking at the Ruger American pistol in 9mm. The Duty pro model runs $360 vs. $429 for the Canik. The Shield is $250 ish after rebate and the M&P 9c is $365. I already have the XDs and since the shield doesn't come with a holster I am not sure about it.

Also, I would love to get the Sig but for $500+ I shouldn't have to clean and lubricate the gun right out of the box like Sig 'strongly recommends'. Plus, that means then an extra expense for the cleaning kit and the ammo to run through can still jam. It's almost as bad as a firing pin that can displace frequently enough for the manufacturer to include a clause in their owner's manual that every time you pick up the gun you should inspect the chamber to ensure the firing pin is not exposed. That was from Smith and Wesson's SD9VE

#17 ·
I'm looking at the Ruger American pistol in 9mm. The Duty pro model runs $360 vs. $429 for the Canik. The Shield is $250 ish after rebate and the M&P 9c is $365. I already have the XDs and since the shield doesn't come with a holster I am not sure about it.

Also, I would love to get the Sig but for $500+ I shouldn't have to clean and lubricate the gun right out of the box like Sig 'strongly recommends'. Plus, that means then an extra expense for the cleaning kit and the ammo to run through can still jam. It's almost as bad as a firing pin that can displace frequently enough for the manufacturer to include a clause in their owner's manual that every time you pick up the gun you should inspect the chamber to ensure the firing pin is not exposed. That was from Smith and Wesson's SD9VE
Actually, yes you SHOULD be cleaning your gun "right out of the box", regardless of the manufacturer.

Quite often, the oil used when it leaves the factory is more of a preservative than a lubricant, and can gum up, causing malfs.

And WTF? You don't have a cleaning kit?

#19 ·
This gun is going to be a home defense pistol. Yes, I know that the pistol should be 'broke in' before carrying. Yeah I might be taking the manual too seriously I don't know. I just don't want to spend an additional $100 on a $500 pistol to clean it lube it and then have a jamomatic which is how I take their manual in relation to others that I have read

#22 ·
Then my choice would be the Ruger out of the options you gave. No point in buying a 12+1 M&Pc for home defense. That's almost $400 just to gain 4 or 5 rounds over you XDs. You're not interested in a XD service? It can be found for under $400, and with the rebate, comes with extra mags and a holster...

#26 · (Edited)
Walmart sells cleaning kits for $10-$20... The Shield, after rebate, is $100 to $150+ less than some of the guns your interested in. More than enough to buy a holster... Anyway, good luck to you.

One more thing, you do know that the U.S. Army contracted with Sig for a Half billion worth of P320s right? The P320 beat out the offerings of all of the other top tier firearm manufacturers. I do not think they would have made the cut if they are as problematic and jam-o-matic as you're referring to... Regardless, all firearms especially semiauto handguns, whether if it's in the manual or not, need to be cleaned and lubed else they;re more likely to malfunction....

#31 ·
Get the Sig. Out of all the options you mentioned, it is the best. Yeah, the Shield is cheaper, but the trigger sucks. Sure, you could shoot the hell out of it to get used to the trigger, but it's size makes it less fun to do so. And the money that you would spend on the P320, especially a compact, you can then just get the sub compact grip module for it if you are looking for a dedicated CCW piece.

And the other guns you are looking at, you would have been better off keeping the Canik. Controversy or not, they already got their money for the pistol.

#35 ·
Ok. I have the carry version of the sig on layaway right now. I'm going to check my options for pricing and see if I can get them to match it. I have already field stripped the XDs way back when I first got it (my very first gun). I know Canik already got their money and I will just turn the other way about it. The reason for taking it back because of the controversy was my personal preference of not having a Turkish made product in my house much less repping Canik by taking the gun out in public. Not that I expected any real negative response to this but it was my personal preference. The Canik was only $300 when I bought it and I got decent trade value out of it. I'm still mulling over the idea of a more budget friendly gun even though I caught a break at work with a more intensive schedule but, getting something a little cheaper price wise not in quality per she would afford more money for accessories and other things that I need

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.