Just Bought my XDs

Discussion in 'XD-S Discussion Room' started by Tallman6ft5, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Tallman6ft5

Tallman6ft5 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    After searching for weeks across the US I found my XDs at a LGS 4 miles from house and bought it for $515.00 and $552.50 out the door. And he also had two 7-shot mags in stock for $34.95 ea. I will pick it up Monday week since he is at Shot Show this week.
    1. Can I get suggestions on cleaning the gun prior to going to the range for the first time. I see several posts about cleaning the gun and removing the factory lube and lubing the rails with Froglube.
    2. I also woud appreciate suggestions on ammo for CC that the XDs will like.
    3. Based on reading other posts I have ordered the Crimson Trace LG-469 on their XDs.
    4. Based on reading other posts I have ordered Talon rubberized grips and Pearce grip extensions for the 5-shot mags.
    I will provide updates next week after I have taken it to the range.
    Thanks!

2. silver03gt

silver03gt XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You are going to enjoy your XD-S. I just ordered some slide glide and it has really good reviews. As far as ammo, my XD-S eats everything.

3. ciollika

ciollika XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've shot critical defense and hst's without issue. Have the Pearce pinky extensions too, tho I almost like carrying w/o better. With the crimson though, you might like having the 3rd finger on there, especially shooting 45s.

4. pocketcarry

pocketcarry XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've shot crit defense with zero issues. Good stuff.