John Noveski's last post to FB before his death

Discussion in 'XDTalk Chatter Box' started by SmokedBMW, Jan 11, 2013.

1. SmokedBMW

SmokedBMW XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm not usually one for conspiracy theories, but... this is pretty scary. In his last FaceBook post before his tragic death, John listed 37 different gruesome murders, mostly by teenagers, who were all taking some sort of antidepressant. Here is the article that got me thinking:

Prominent rifle manufacturer killed in mysterious car crash days after posting psych drug link to school shooters

Here is an excerpt:

What do you guys think?

2. ArmyGuy45

ArmyGuy45 XDTalk 10K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 4
    Funny that we have a DARE program yet our goal for medicine is to just drug our kids with "legal" pills.

3. AVB

AVB XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The butler did it.

4. Wat_Tyler

Wat_Tyler XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would say that's some scary ****, but if I believe that then I'll be the next one to go under "mysterious circumstances."

But really, that's some scary ****.

5. AVB

AVB XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They just want to eliminate the competition.

6. Ocean82

Ocean82 XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What makes a car crash mysterious?

7. Jibriel

Jibriel XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am not a neuroscientist, nor am I any kind of doctor or medical professional, but I have never thought it was a good idea to give mood-stabilizing drugs to young people whose brains are nowhere near fully developed. Same goes with amphetamine-type ADD/ADHD drugs. I will not deny there are some people who benefit from mood-stabilizers, you'd actually have a harder time convincing me that hyperactive children should be given an amphetamine-type (or similar) drug to pay attention.

I think pharmaceutical companies should be under just as much scrutiny, if not more, than gun owners and manufacturers. Some people are making boatloads of money over-prescribing anti-depressants. My problem is, why are so many medical professionals going along with this? These drugs alter the effects of neurotransmitters in your brain, it's not frickin' aspirin. These drugs haven't been around long enough for us to know the implications of changing how the brain works for extended periods of time.

Everyone gets depressed now and then, and some people just have a lower overall mood baseline, that doesn't mean we should throw pills at the problem.

As far as the conspiracy theories listed in the article, I really hope they're all coincidences, both Aurora and Sandy Hook had some strange things about them. I would like to think that our government would never do something like that, but that doesn't mean I trust them.

8. SRD

SRD XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Ocean just because there has to be a conspiracy for everything. I had heard he was drinking which seems more likely. It is no unusual for someone to crash and die for not wearing a seat belt. Seriously just because he posted alex jones type stuff does not mean the govt gives a crap about a rifle maker.

9. Wired

Wired XDTalk 5K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    Some people are thinking that first the car crash, then what happened below is awfully weird. Two people promoting firearms, dead, same week. hmm.

10. SRD

SRD XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Wow two people dead that promote firearms. Um alot of people die that is really not strange.

11. AwPhuch

AwPhuch XDTalk 15K Member

Ratings:
    +307 / 11
    Psychiatric drugs and violence - federal investigation long overdue « CCHR International

By the time you read this..I will already be dead

Nah j/k...

Big pharama stands a chance of loosing ALOT of money if someone starts looking at the effects these psychotropic drugs have on the human psyche...if people start looking...they might not like what they find!

12. SmokedBMW

SmokedBMW XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Very true. If this was just an isolated car crash, it wouldn't have sparked my interest. BUT, with everything else that has happened in the past few weeks, I think it deserves a second look. Could it all be a bunch of coincidences? Sure.

13. WirePaladin

WirePaladin XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Which is why one-size-fits-all doesn't work with the solutions. Also, one solution that works today or for 10 years can all of a sudden cause issues suddenly in the same person. It isn't fire and forget, but that is how it is handled in a lot of cases.

I think like most things we have only had one extreme or another. Either institutionalize everyone indefinitely like we used to do or else hand them some pills and set them free. There is a happy medium, the problem is that it costs money, time, and resources to do and that is precisely why we don't. And that is the core problem. That being said, some drugs could probably be better, some are fine, and some are terrible.

14. Breadman03

Breadman03 XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Legal drugs create tax revenue. Call me pragmatic.

15. cz75luver

cz75luver XDTalk 3K Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    We need to protect Hickock45.