Springfield XD Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

James "XDMan" insulting response to military discount question

31K views 254 replies 73 participants last post by  axel2078 
#1 ·
I planned on buying my sights and having it installed by James as recommended by so many others. As a result of my conversation with him, I will not be recommending him to anyone nor will I be conducting any business with him. James needs to really work on his customer service. Here is my recent interaction.

I asked a simple question of "do you offer a military discount?" I expected either a yes (and the process required) or a simple no. Either way I planned on purchasing my sights from him. Instead here is what I received

"When you buy the sights from us the install is included"

No **** Jim. You offer that to everybody, thanks for the insult. Ill be heading to a local armorer to have my sights installed and will not be referring Jim to anyone I know. Take it for what it's worth, but nothing irks me more than someone either pass something off as a discount when it isn't, or responding with a snarky remark.

#2 ·
I have not done business with him.......and after a post or 2 that he made in the past......That I seriously disagreed with......I will not........I think the only thing consumers have to voice displeasure with is their wallets......

#4 ·
I've not got a dog in this fight, but hear this.

James may not have replied the way that you wanted, but I sure don't see how he "insulted" you.

It looks like you got a standard reply (which maybe could be handled better) but I sure as heck do not see how he "insulted" you.

Maybe you should try contacting him again, off Forum, to settle this before you start a public vendetta.

I've not done business with James, but by reputation he is highly regarded for his services.

Calm down, take a deep breath, and try again.

Duane

#9 ·
There was a thread... Think it was about defending others.....I personally took issue with his responses..... Soooo I will not do business with him..... I don't have to agree....and I am free to spend my money elsewhere......Just me....

#11 ·
im not seeing the insult here?

#12 ·
Yeah I don't see why you're so pissed off. Dude runs a business, not a charity. Starting a thread with the sole intention to give someone bad press is wrong. His response might not have been to your liking, so.? Doesn't sound like he said anything rude, over promised anything etc. I don't go around asking for people to give me discount because I'm a vet. And I sure as hell don't expect any breaks. How would you feel if one of the guys on this forum came and bad mouthed you at work? Affecting your ability to feed yourself and pay your bills.

#13 ·
It may be because I've been at work since 6am, or because I think someone's panties are in a big wad, but I don't think he meant to insult. Heck, he installs them for FREE. All you have to do is buy the sights.

FWIW, if it is for an XDS, you better hope your gunsmith/armorer knows what he is doing or you'll have a beat to hell slide. What kind of gun is it?

I think people need to loosen up. I don't think he meant any disrespect, and you're calling him out on a forum :confused:.

#15 ·
Animated cartoon Cartoon Animation Adventure game Photo caption

#17 ·
While I've not seen posts from him with which I disagree, I fail to see how it's possible to discount "free".

Reactions: zee and Michael_Js
#20 ·
Well that is fine that the Op posted this here is the complete email conversation The only thing I edited was remove the OP's name and email address. And just like any other complaint against me I request in the open that the thread not be removed or deleted. It gives a chance for others to make educated decision on if they want to use me or not.

I am unshure what you are upset about, you asked about a discount that is the discount if you buy the sights from us the install is included. Yes that same discount is available to everyone. I do not have the means or time to make someone prove that they are military or leo so the discount goes out to everyone. The discount is already included I can not make you change your mind so sorry I could not help you this time.

James,
You could've honestly just said no, you don't and I would've been just fine. It's pretty offensive that you would respond in that manner to a simple question as you offer the install free to everyone.

You will not be receiving any business from myself or others I know.

Thanks,
Albert

> To: AC
> From: ajamesp51@xd-hs2000.com
> Subject: RE: Xds meprolight
> Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 17:32:17 -0700
>
> When you buy the sights from us the install is included.
>
>
> -------- Original Message --------
> From: "A C" <AC>
> Date: Thu, May 21, 2015 4:12 pm
> To: "ajamesp51@xd-hs2000.com" <ajamesp51@xd-hs2000.com>
>
> James,
> Thanks for the info, also do you offer a military discount?
> Thanks,Albert
>
> From: ajamesp51@xd-hs2000.com
> To: Email
> Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 20:05:22 -0700
>
> The Truglo TFO or TFX are the sights that are fiber optic and nightsights.
> We have no timelines of when companies ship things out. We put the bulk orders in and they ship when they ship.
> You can order the XD sights here:Sights
> If you want us to install the sights for free, use the special instructions when you check out to let us know.
> You will have the options to pay using Visa or MC on-line. Or when you check out use the "Print & Call" method for the payment if you would like to pay using cash or Money Order.
> Our turnaround time is currently running at between 24-48hrs.
> Here is our packing and shipping help page:www.xdman.com Under shipping help
>
>
> -------- Original Message --------
>
> Subject: Xds meprolight
>
> From: Albert C <>
>
> Date: Tue, May 19, 2015 9:59 pm
>
> To: ajamesp51@xd-hs2000.com
>
>
>
>
> Hello
> I was wondering if you were ever going to grt meprolight for the xds? Id usually go with another brand but i like the fiber optic day and glow at night.
> ThanksAlbert
>
> Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone
>

#21 ·
I can say I've not seen posts that fault his service or workmanship.....I just disagree with him about other issues....jmo...

#22 ·
I remember that post: the one where people just stood around and watched a lady get beat to death outside a night club.
I had said that I would not have jumped in, but would have been the best witness I could and make sure the police had any info possible.
That was a great thread and lots of differing opinions.

And yes I am a Peach if you like me, you do. If you hate me I will still work on your guns as if they were my own.

#32 ·
This is refreshing. I was just saying to myself the other day, "We need more personal attacks on XDT."

kypix

The whole "entitlement" idea pisses me off. If a business "wants" to offer me a discount, for whatever reason, race, age, military service, whatever, I'll take it.

But should I be "entitled" to a discount because of my military status, or because my Grandma once saw a pink butterfly?

Nah, let me shut up before I say too much.

Duane

#24 ·
Good god OP, take your head out of your ass, clean out your eyes, and reread the email. He said the install is free to everyone, ergo he does not offer a military discount. Am I missing something? Look man, thanks for your service, but grow up.

This thread is about as good as it gets here.

#25 ·
Well I don't care about James one way or another. I have no intention of using James services because other than my Saigas and AKs, all of my guns are bone stock. Now with that said.....

OP, you found THAT offensive? Offensive enough to start a thread? I just don't see it...at all.

#41 ·
@unclejed we need to talk man, you need better visibility sights on your carry gun. You do. I'll show you mine so we can work you into the idea. just put your hand on it... its going to be ok.

OP I'm a disabled combat vet, not as disabled as many but 6 blown discs and spent 5 months this year in a bed while they worked on me. If you got this offended you either A are on serious pain meds and need to not insult people online cause your artificially touchy and its not their fault, B you were in the air force and sat behind a chair and actually filled out a hurt feelings report. or C weren't a vet at all and wanted the free discount and your doing this BS to try to score a monetary apology from him.

GROW UP

I"ve been here a long time and since james got his crap squared away about the time I arrived no ones complained about his business since. I remember someone mentioning something and how james fixed it for them (they mentioned it after he had fixed it)

I don't use james for 2 reasons, 1 I go down the street to ateiguns and get it done while I wait, james is metaphysically incapable of doing that for me, he doesn't live in Detroit. 2. I don't put paint on guns, I think its ridiculous, but I'll be the first to admit he is by far in the top 5% of painters for guns out there. If I had to get a gun painted to get a girlfriend to carry it, I'd send it to him. (that is the ONLY way someone could get me to pay for a paintjob on a gun, paint does not belong on a pistol)

#27 · (Edited)
I fail to see an insult in ajamesp51's reply, but I can see how it could have been taken that way by the Chopayne - i.e. that it was "a restatement of the obvious" kind of response: imagine the proverbial used-car salesman saying to his customer, "Why, yes, the engine does come free with the car!"

Nevertheless, that's a subjective interpretation - the connotation has to be read into the reply. ajamesp51's words, if taken simply as they are at face value, to me implies no insult: it's a factual restatement of his business policies.

Chopayne, if you were intent on such a discount, my question is why you did not first pursue clarification with ajamesp51 before airing your grievance over a implied slight/insult in a public manner? Maybe to write back to tell him that yes, you understood that the install was free if you purchased your sights from him, but you were wondering if a further discount applied to Military/LE?

I'm usually one of those guys who jumps to defend the consumer in cases where they're screwed-over by a Vendor (latest such example I participated in? the rdigital vs. Adventure Subaru of Cleveland debacle - I was among the first to have spread his case to several Subaru community Forums)...but I honestly find it hard to fault ajamesp51, here, if this really is the full story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.