Springfield XD Forum banner

Jade Helm 15. Thoughts?

18K views 139 replies 33 participants last post by  OKcherokee 
#1 ·
What are your thoughts on this topic?

#2 ·
I have full faith in the men and women serving in US armed forces to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States.

It takes a whole lot of ignorance to believe a large number of Radical Islamists are not already inside our borders. Combat scenarios on US soil are certainly a possibility now. It's a price we might have to pay for our Utopian Immigration Policy.

Welcome to the land of rainbows and unicorns.

#3 ·
I don't much care for it at all.
It seems like a small step in mental conditioning to see average citizens as combatants.
This will be the first step down a road , We may regret traveling.
I don't trust the leadership in the military or the government. anymore!

#6 ·
Labeling Texas, Utah, and So. Cali. as hostile territories concerns me. :confused:

#9 ·
if this was an exercise designed to prepare for the oppression of the american people it would be coastal.
its not.
texas, new mexico, nevada, california.
what do they have in common?
mexican boarder. (well not nevada really, but its close. you get the point)
this is a drug war crackdown, or an immigration move.

this might be exactly what some of you guys want.
gearing up for a stronger crackdown on mexican immigrants, and their activity.

#12 ·
Actually it is because those states are similar to the environments that those specops units deal with the majority of the time.

1. The majority of what is going on will be covert.

2. Local, state, and federal authorities will be looking for and trying to capture these guys.

3. They are hoping that if a civilian notices something out of the ordinary, that the police will be called.

They do a lot of this CI training out east around the DC area and it is getting really crowded.

#11 ·
these days having a strong opinion can be considered a mental issue.

i say he is welcome to hate who he wants, just as long as he doesnt do any dumb **** like a pressure cooker full of explosives or something.

#15 ·
I don't trust the government. People follow orders, constitutional or not. Look at New Orleans, Boston, Japanese internment, black oppression in certain southern cities in the 20th century, etc etc.

It's easy for people to follow orders, invoke the Nuremberg defense, and deflect blame. Group think and mob mentality.

I know it's getting bad. The military is concerned about ISIS. I know some people in the military that are "in the loop." Without saying more than they can, it's bad.

#19 ·
It's not what they say it is.

If they need to train for urban scenarios, they have plenty of training facilities on military bases.

I think it is either pre-positioning of troops to where they think they might need them or just conditioning troops and residents to operations such as this. Or both.

#20 ·
..................I know it's getting bad. The military is concerned about ISIS. I know some people in the military that are "in the loop." Without saying more than they can, it's bad.
My contacts and sources indicate the same.

I know they cannot provide direct information, but when they suddenly, without context, start asking questions like: 'Are you prepared to go without electricity for a long time?' and 'Have you ever considered keeping a 60 day supply of your medications on hand?', it's a pretty good indicator, IMHO.

I personally believe it is time to prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Stay safe my friends!

#24 ·
Indeed.

Something else I thought of. As often as we disagree with @afmo, when he is right he is right, and his thoughts about letting the terrorists win are spot on. If we are fearful and hesitant, than they are partially succeeding in their goal. I say partially because their main goal is to kill all of us and establish a caliphate. I think there is a difference between being reasonably prepared and realizing the dangers and being fearful. I'm not talking full prepper here either. As it stands we are all much more likely to die from a car crash than terrorists in the US. But it doesn't hurt to have food, water, guns, ammo, medication, and firewood for winter. Unfortunately a lot of good people can't afford a few hundred dollars here and there as a safeguard because the economy still sucks ass.

Thought the democommies swore Obama would fix everything? Or is it still Bush's fault?

#25 ·
if this was an exercise designed to prepare for the oppression of the american people it would be coastal.
its not.
texas, new mexico, nevada, california.
what do they have in common?
mexican boarder. (well not nevada really, but its close. you get the point)
this is a drug war crackdown, or an immigration move.

this might be exactly what some of you guys want.
gearing up for a stronger crackdown on mexican immigrants, and their activity.
I'm all for deploying the military on the boarders, but not inland. On the boarder; I am fine with the military shooting anyone that doesn't immediately surrender.

#28 ·
#34 ·
I have some "concerns".... not worried... not going all "tin-foil hat" with it..... but still a few concerns. Will watch them with a close eye, and remain cautious as to their real intents.

One of my local talk-show guys is former military and he does press a good point. Exercises do a couple of things:
1) Get you to practice doing what you are going to do for real shortly
2) Give the people that you are threatening a reason to reconsider those actions...... this makes "We The People" the ones that our own government considers "the enemy"

#36 · (Edited)
@Helpdesk9

"Now, scientists exploring the wilds of Guatemala say they have found the mother lode — a mountainous region roughly the size of Rhode Island strewn with huge jade boulders, other rocky treasures and signs of ancient mining. It was discovered after a hurricane tore through the landscape and exposed the veins of jade, some of which turned up in stores, arousing the curiosity of scientists. The find includes large outcroppings of blue jade, the gemstone of the Olmecs, the mysterious people who created the first complex culture in pre-Columbian Mesoamerica, the region that encompasses much of Mexico and Central America."

I know green is more popular but blue jade. Any way the interpretation I was going off of was that of what Mark Lastoria, Director of Public Affairs, US Army Special Operations Command called it in a press conference. You can call him and tell him how stupid he is.

#37 ·
Any way the interpretation I was going off of was that of what Mark Lastoria, Director of Public Affairs, US Army Special Operations Command called it in a press conference. You can call him and tell him how stupid he is.
Sure! Right after you call him and tell him how his SOF exercise is actually a secret UN plot to invade the US, declare martial law and lock everyone up in FEMA camps.

[emoji57]

#41 ·
I don't trust my government...

SAMSUNG say whaaaaaat?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.