Springfield XD Forum banner

It's time for a new toy.

4K views 43 replies 24 participants last post by  Brickboy240 
#1 ·
Although I own about a dozen pistols, I don't have a 9mm. All are either 40 cal or 45 acp. Everything from Kahrs, springfields, Sigs, kimbers, and yes a couple of Glocks. I just want an inexpensive 9 mm. I'm thinking about a Smith and Wesson SD9VE. And thoughts or suggestions of another in this price range? It will probably sit in the safe, as I love my PM40.

#8 · (Edited)
Forget the SD9....save up your change a little longer and get something a little bit better

DRS's comprehensive list of appoved 9mm configured bundles of joy as follows:

Walther PPQ
Glock 17/19
Beretta 92

And if you really wanna stay within the same budget as the SD9VE, look no further than the Ruger SR9.

Edit since original post: I also noticed from your profile that you're a retired military vet. Check out the Glock Blue Label program. Should be able to pick up a NIB Gen 4 G17 or 19 for a shade over $400.

#10 ·
How about a budget amount?

I'd say in general I don't like the SD9VE's as their triggers are horrible but suggesting an HK instead probably doesn't work if your budget is too low. How much are you looking to spend? And are you set on a striker gun?

#11 ·
Budget would be maybe $550. tops. No it doesn't have to be striker fired. Just a nice 9 mm.

#15 ·
Hell, 550 will put a lot of very nice 9mm pistols in contention.

Glock 19, a Beretta 92, M&P, Ruger SR, CZ-75 (for fun, this would be tops, there great shooters with great looks) some Sigs, a used Hi Power, Walther PPX, Witness Elite Match, an RIA Tac II in 9mm.

Lots of good options in that sweet spot

#18 ·
DJ's right, 550 in the market today will buy a lot of nice 9's.

The Sig P320 someone suggested would be a great gun if you want a poly, or if you want to be a koolaid drinker the G19 is a pretty all around performer. A CZ75 if you want steel frame, a CZP-7 or P-9 would also be great choices. Witness Elite Match for around 550 would get you a heck of a shooter, my 45 is really accurate.

For 50 bucks more and careful shopping you could get an HKVP9 and have a really superb gun.

#21 ·
Here I go, want a well built, great out of the box trigger, inexpensive polymer gun? Remember, looks are subjective :) and this gun looks like the bastard child of a Hi-Point and PPQ after a night of drunken debauchery but the trigger rocks. The Walther PPX is inexpensive, looks like CDNN Guns has them for $279, with a rebate. My PPX has been one hell of a gun...a bit too large for concealed carry IMO. It is currently used for home defense, one of my hidden guns.

CDNN SPORTS - WALTHER PPX M1 40SW

My PPX and Hickok45's take on the PPX.

Reactions: HodgePodge
#25 ·
CZ75 or one of its clones (Caniks are well-built and priced right, Turkish-made; EAA also makes a poly-framed CZ clone in its Witness lineup that can be had cheap), a Beretta 92-series, or perhaps a Glock/M&P. If I were you, there would be no end to the pistols I would be trying to select. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.