Inter Ordinance good or bad?

Discussion in 'AK-47 Talk' started by fAnthony, Feb 4, 2010.

1. fAnthony

fAnthony XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just bought a STG 2000 the front sight is way off. It is shooting around 2 feet low. I have an adjustment tool on the way but its going be a few days before i can get it out to shoot. i was just wondering if its a decent rifle or not since i cant find out my self.... i have only put 40-50 rounds through it so im leaning towards the bad side for IOI so far, but well see.

The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

2. Motodeficient

Motodeficient XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You really don't hear too much about IO on forums. I have never seen one in person so I don't know the quality, but I would like to find out more about them.

3. fAnthony

fAnthony XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ill let you know how it does when i get my rifle zeroed. snow storms getting rdy to hit us here in West bye God Virginia so ill get to it as soon as i can get out to my farm.

Attached Files:

4. Pirate

Pirate XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    No offense but why did you buy the rifle with little or no knowledge of what you were buying? The STG 2000 is basically a Romanian WASR with a stock that makes it resemble the East German Wieger STG-940 rifle. The STG-2000-C is in caliber 7.62x39 and the STG-2003-C in caliber 5.56x45. Its quality is basically like a WASR, maybe a bit better on average and you can certainly fix any sight related issues. At what distance is it shooting 2' low. Is the front sight canted (leaning to one side). This is a fairly common issue with rifles from the Romanian Cugir Arsenal. My STG 2000 shoots on par with my other AK's and the Wieger type stock adds a different twist/look to the AK platform and because of the added lenght of pull this stock provides shooting the rifles is rewarding and easy.

[​IMG]

Read these info for some background on these rifles
    STG
    Collecting and Shooting the Military Surplus Rifle (2008) - Surplusrifle.com

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  5. fAnthony

fAnthony XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Actually i did look at some message boards i only found 1 or 2 entrys on this riffle i also read some articles about it but i didnt think i could trust the gun rags so i asked on here. it is 2 feet low at 75 yards. i took it out today when i got my front sight adjustment tool i adjusted it all the way down and it is still 8 inches low.i just spoke to a guy at IOI and i have to send it back. turns out they have had this problem alot of late.