I think I found my AR - Colt 6920

Discussion in 'AR Talk' started by Cagleicious, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Cagleicious

Cagleicious XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think I found my AR.. Any opinions? Everything I've already read/heard have been nothing but great, but I always like to hear from my forum pals. And prices on them have come back down so that's a plus too..

2. Alaskapopo

Alaskapopo XDTalk 5K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Colt is always a good choice. But I would also consider Bravo Company. their quality is in line with Colt and they have a life time warranty. Colt Does not.
    Pat

3. goretro77

goretro77 XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Just want to put this as food for thought...

I have a Colt LE6920 and its my DI AR15 of choice.
    As you will first see your Colt:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I clean this firearm after each shooting session and it has performed perfectly. Very happy with this DI AR15.

You may also want to consider gas piston AR15s before making the plunge, I also have a Ruger SR556 and its been a perfect performer. They are both around the same cost.

Typical first viewing of a SR556:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really like to shoot my LE6920 but the SR556 is a sweet shooting midlength piston AR15.

Good luck with your decision! I could not decide and got both. ;)

4. chupacabrachus

chupacabrachus XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0

+1. Go Bravo. I have only had the chance to actually shoot one BCM build. I'm no metallurgist, but it seemed to be good quality to me.

5. thelongone13

thelongone13 XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    CMMG offers a lifetime as well. Never fired a Bravo or a CMMG, but from what I have heard they are both high quality, hence the lifetime warranty, I would imagine.

6. Uriel999

Uriel999 XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Can't go wrong. Buy it, shoot the hell out of it and be happy. If you care about resale value then the Colt wins there, but as Alaskapiggy (hehe just messin with you dude your alright in my book and I'm jealous because you have cooler guns than I do) pointed out Bravo Company's lifetime warranty rules.

Also, don't put past building your own AR. It seems intimidating at first, but they are so simple that once you actually build one its practically embarrassing that you were first intimidated by the idea of building one. It potentially saves a lot of money building one or if you really go all out you get absolutely every piece and part you want making the perfect custom gun.

7. Alaskapopo

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    I had a bad experience with a CMMG lower (stripped) The pin holes were all very tight. I ended up busting the portion of the receiver that holds the trigger guard pin towards the pistol grip. That and it was super tight with PMags. Tight to the point you had to yank the mags out of the well. I will never try CMMG again.
    pat

8. ForTehNguyen

ForTehNguyen XDTalk 5K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    I have two CMMG lowers and they drop pmags free

9. chupacabrachus

Ratings:
    +6 / 0

Good point here. Colt has a lot of blindly devoted fan-boys so you should have less problem selling a colt should you want to get rid of it.

Is the BCM warranty transferable? If so... BCM for the win. A colt fan-boy would have a hard time turning down a transferable life-time warranty I think.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  10. Mercmar

Mercmar XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Warranties, smaranties. What good is a Bravo warranty, if Bravo's out of business? Small companies like Bravo don't tend to go on forever. I'm not enamored with Colt, and believe that I can build a rifle as good or better than any Colt ever built; however, I wouldn't recommend against the Colt, just because of a warranty. I believe Hi Point offers a lifetime warranty. You really think the warranty should be the deciding factor, when choosing a firearm? :cool::rolleyes:

11. chupacabrachus

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    No. I said either are good to go. Hi-Point does offer a lifetime warranty last I checked. They also have excellent customer service as far as I have heard ( I don't own one).

BCM are supposedly on par with colt as far as quality goes. I have seen my share of colts with shoddy quality control.

ETA: I have only seen one BCM in person and fired it. I have fired/carried/stripped and cleaned probably 20 colts at least so I honestly cannot make a fair comparison.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  12. Alaskapopo

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    When all other factors are equal then yes the warranty should be a deciding factor. Both companies make excellent guns. Bravo has more options and better customer service and a better warranty. I understand your point that many sub par companies offer a good warranty. But in this case Bravo is not a sub par company.
    Pat

13. Cagleicious

Cagleicious XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The BCM is a good looking weapon.. I really like the resale on the Colt, I never plan on selling any guns i purchase, but sometimes crap happens and you need money or w/e..

I was gonna get a surefire forend, & a trijicon Acog (a guy i work for has a surplus of the Acog's and is willing to trade one for some work). I will prolly replace the stock eventually. & I really like those forend grips that have the built in bipod (not sure who makes one/a good one).

14. goretro77

goretro77 XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Ask yourself which firearm you really will be happy with owning. Only you can answer that question. I personally smile when I open my safe and see it sitting next to my M1A and other toys:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

at the bottom, LE6920:
    [​IMG]

15. Vandal

Vandal XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    I can speak for the GripPod made one. My buddy brought one back from Iraq for me and it is built really strong. He rocked one down range and it worked very well for him. Now I just need a gun to put it on....