Springfield XD Forum banner

I have a new XD and it keeps jamming on me after a clip is it the cheap ammo I'm using

5K views 44 replies 16 participants last post by  UGADawgs 
#1 ·
I have a new 9mm and it keeps jamming after a clip isbit the cheap ammo ?

#6 ·
Have you tried other ammo?

Sometimes, one particular gun (i.e. your own and unique 9mm XD, not mine, not another person's - even though they are the same make and model, variances in tolerances makes each gun an unique sample) simply "won't like" one or another particular ammo.

Have you tried other magazines, or are you only using the one magazine?

#9 · (Edited)
What do you mean by jamming? What exactly is it doing after a magazine? Any chance slide lock back? (Yes everyone, I know)

#14 ·
^ Remember, no matter what ammo any one or another of us will tell you to buy or to avoid, there's going to always be the same advice, going just the other way. :)

Everyone has their personal preferences where it comes to ammo, and a lot of this comes from, you guessed it, their experiences with that ammo in their specific and unique gun.

Buy small quantities.

Test it out yourself.

See what happens - shoot to a metric so that you can objectively assess whether or not a certain make/model of ammo is actually good for your use.

#15 ·
^ Remember, no matter what ammo any one or another of us will tell you to buy or to avoid, there's going to always be the same advice, going just the other way. :)

Everyone has their personal preferences where it comes to ammo, and a lot of this comes from, you guessed it, their experiences with that ammo in their specific and unique gun.

Buy small quantities.

Test it out yourself.

See what happens - shoot to a metric so that you can objectively assess whether or not a certain make/model of ammo is actually good for your use.

Great feedback everyone thank you

#16 ·
Still wondering what type of jam ...

#23 ·
"The shell jams and won't shoot", meaning the bullet never discharged? Is there a dent in the primer? Or did the the bullet discharge / leave the case but the shell casing didn't eject? I'm sure this all seems silly to be asking but I'm just not picturing it correctly in my mind. Please be patient with me.

#21 · (Edited)
Could it possibly be one particular magazine or is it happening in random magazines at random intervals?
You might try temporarily marking the mags, like 1,2,3,4, etc. and see if one particular magazine is the culprit. How many mags do you have?....Sorry, I read the four and the new XD late. Is it a Mod 2? Does it always fire one complete magazine before it begins to jam or is it random?

#28 ·
The shell jams and won't shoot
As AR180B noted, a more detailed explanation of what you're seeing, in terms of the stoppage, will help. :)

This is a very useful - albeit a somewhat advanced - video.

Let's forget for the time being the hows and whys of clearing that jam/stoppage/malfunction, and instead focus on exactly what kind of stoppage you're seeing.

#32 ·
Freddy, no one is poking fun at you, we're just going over all the things that could cause a firearm to jam and we're trying to give you a solid explanation as to the cause of the problem. There are many variables. Keep working with us and we'll figure it out...............;)

#33 ·
Guys, I cannot begin to describe the overwhelming urge I have to troll this thread right now... I will refrain for now... until I can make some meme pictures...

#37 ·
me too at post #9. Tried to be discreet to not insult. Don't know what ya don't know ...

#38 ·
Your XD won't jam if you don't put clips in it. A magazine loaded with something other than steel case or Federals probably won't have any feeding issues. I know neither my XD or my XDS........and for that matter NONE of my firearms with the exception of a Mossberg 500 will handle any type of Federal ammo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.