How to install AGP Springs in 10 rd. Compact Mag?

Discussion in 'XD-45ACP Discussion Room' started by Lone_Gunman, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Lone_Gunman

Lone_Gunman XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi guys. Longtime lurker first post here. I just ordered the AGP springs and I want to put them in my 10 round mags for my 45C. I read here that you need to remove 1 coil and they will work. Here's the question... Do you remove the coil form the bottom or top? Also if anyone has pics of the springs after the coil removal could you post it up?

Why the extra power springs?

Well my 45C is going to be my CCW gun and I need to have 100% faith in it. I've put 400 rds of FMJ through it with no problem but on Monday I had a Failure to Feed with Winchester PDX1. 230 Gr. JHP. It was either the 4th or 5th round in the mag and it looked like it hung up on the feed ramp. Quick tap, rack, bang took care of it and I had no more problems. I only had one box of 20 JHP to shoot though everything else was FMJ that day. Ended up shooting 200 rounds of the FMJ and the 20 JHP with just the one FTF.

Thanks guys.

2. Spammy_H

Spammy_H XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 1
    Gunman - I did it, and while I can't remember if I cut it at the bottom or the top, look at your factory 10 rd magazine spring, and make your AGP spring look like that.

I tested it with a box of ammo and never looked back.

3. Lone_Gunman

Lone_Gunman XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Got the springs today. Took one coil off of the bottom. Quick and easy. Now there is more upward pressure on the follower than before that's for sure. Can't wait to go to the range again.

4. GetSome45

GetSome45 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had a similar issue with my mags on my 45c as well. I went about the solution in a slightly different way. I bought two of the AGP extra power springs and dropped them into the 13 round magazines as-is. I believe they were a little longer than the stock springs in the 13 round magazines.

Since the stock 13 round magazine springs are a little longer than the stock 10 round magazine springs, I took the stock 13 round magazine springs and put them into the 10 round compact magazines. This worked like a charm and I have had no further feed issues and there seems to be much more pressure pushing the rounds up.