How much is my XD-40 worth?

Discussion in 'General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk' started by iowabucks, Jan 2, 2011.

1. iowabucks

iowabucks XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey everyone, as much as i hate to say it, i need to sell my handgun. Been locked out of a good job for 2 1/2 years, only found temp short term jobs so far and the wife is battling migraines and not getting much work in at all.

I have a 3 year old XD-40 Bitone with a 4" barrel. I'm the first owner, only had about 200 rounds through it. Never carried. Very clean. It has the Crimson Trace Laser Grips. Still have the guns plastic case, and the kit that came with it. I have the original 2 clips and one extra? Even have an Avery case i use to carry it around in.

I need to do some research and see what i need to do on my end to make sure the transaction is safe and legal.

What are some other way of getting the most out of it other than asking gun shops etc?

I am very torn about selling it and know i wont get as much as i would like out of it. How much do you think it is worth?

2. USMCBill

USMCBill XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    a NIB xd40 4" can be acquired for about 520-550. The crimson trace is about 325 new.

so all together about 850 new.

Since yours is like new you can probably get close to that, but the cheaper you sell, the faster you might get a buyer. A gun store wont give you anywhere near the value, as they would need to resell and make something on it. Private sale is your only option to recoup most of that. Consignment might take too long at the store, so you might want to use something like gunbroker or the like. If you sell there, you would need to have your local FFL ship the firearm to a FFL of the buyers choosing. Face to face transaction is also another option for you, but since I don't like selling my stuff, I would probably choose the FFL to handle the transfers.

3. mfdrookie516

mfdrookie516 XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I paid $400 new for my XD40. I'd say you could probably get that for your bi-tone if its in real good condition. You could most likely sell the gun and laser separate for a better price unless you just happened to find somebody looking for both. Definitely dont take it to a gun shop. Just like cars, you can always sell them for more in a private sell than to a dealership.

4. Don Pachuco

Don Pachuco XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ooh, I get to be the verbiage police?.... They are mags, not clips. LOL! Sorry, had to do it. I would sell the weapon and laser separately. IMHO.

5. XDRoX

XDRoX XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Sorry about your misfortune. Things tend to turn around, hang in there. You can always get another gun when things turn around.

6. Kaboom

Kaboom XDTalk 10K Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    I'm trying to sell a pistol to get some extra cash too. Accessories don't tend to add up very well, as others stated, consider selling the pistol and LASER grips separately.
    Good luck.