Springfield XD Forum banner

HOW MANY WEAPONS DO YOU WARE WHILE SHOOTING?

3K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  AR180B 
#1 · (Edited)
I always wear two. The one I'm shooting and my CEDC.

"Get the sandpaper and we can begin"
"Is this how a Will thread gets started?'

#6 ·
Well, today when I hit the range, I had my 2.5" 686+ strong side OWB, my 3" 65 in a dual shoulder rig on the right, with the 4" 67 on the left, a 3" Model 36 IWB on the weak side, the 640 in the weak side pocket, the 649 strong side.

My cargo pockets were full of speed strips--magnums on the right, .38's on the left.

#10 ·
I keep a pistol worn on either aiwb or strong side, which is the opposite of what I'm practicing loaded just in case someone wants my $2500 glocks. Has happened in michigan a few times, goals in life, not to be shot with an empty gun at the range for my gun.

#20 ·
Guess I'm lucky in that respect. If I do go to a range , it's a local outdoor one . Mostly end up sharing and shooting others gun. The range dog usually jumps in the hatch of my suv and hangs out . We know when someone doesn't fit . When I get an itch and go to the indoor range I only take a couple. Still rather hang at a friends or in the back yard and shoot though

#22 ·
I am fortunate enough to have access to a private range. Someone could come by nonetheless, but not real likely since the property is gated/fenced, and no one else can hear unless they are trespassing, almost no one knows it is there. But I'm some cases, as I think after reading the above, maybe I should rethink such a thing.

#27 ·
I always carry my EDC on my left side and draw right handed unless I'm in the truck were I put it under the steering wheel.. When I go to the range next, I'll carry the XD in it's holster on the right. Going to try something new. I'll still have the BG concealed, on the left, and grip facing right. I can shoot with either hand and sight with either eye. My left eye is dominant. It doesn't hurt to practice opposite side every now and then. It only hurts when you let one of your thumbs get in the way of the slide. You can get a stove pipe too and a tore up thumb.

#28 ·
I went shooting with a SEAL friend of mine, and at the end, he chewed my butt for firing all my rounds. This was before I was carrying concealed, but he carried as part of his job, always. Up until then I was just treating firearms like a tool for the sport of target shooting, not self protection. He schooled me good that day.

#30 ·
While it may be a long shot at being surprised by someone at the range who wants your guns more than you do, I will always have a second/loaded pistol on me when shooting. My range of choice is pretty much in the woods and private but that doesn't mean the "locals" don't come through with their ATV's and hike on by from time to time. Never know who you're going to meet when alone and what their intentions might be. Why be unprepared?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.