Springfield XD Forum banner

How do you like your bacon cooked?

How do you like your bacon?

6K views 52 replies 39 participants last post by  smencinias 
#1 ·
OK, here's a question that has been on my mind. Every weekend my wife cooks breakfast, and for the most part cooks bacon. My kids and my wife like the bacon cooked until it's crispy, almost like a cracker (not THAT kind of cracker). Me, on the other hand, i like it "half way" cooked. where its still meaty and chewy, like a super thin steak. How does everyone like their slice of heaven cooked??

#2 ·
Anyway is fine with me. :razz:

#13 ·
Since we're still early in what is sure to be an epic thread, I'd like to throw something out there that I learned a little while back that might help.
When you cook your bacon in a skillet, cover it with water. Sound weird, I know...looks kinda weird too. But the water will all evaporate by the time your perfectly medium-cooked bacon is done. Try it.
It also keeps down some of the splatter and de-glazes the pan.

#18 ·
subjective question @smencinias ...only because that shizz is like a protein-heavy culinary Swiss Army Knife...

Crispy (but not charcoal) for many things...

Somewhat more 'ham' finished for others...

Lets face it...doesn't matter...its MUTHAFACKIN BACON!

#21 ·
I like mine on the chewy side. I have been making it in a convection oven. Heat to 400 degrees. Lay bacon on a pan with parchment paper or line a pan with tin foil to make clean up easier. Bake for ten minutes., then flip for another 5 to ten minutes. I check it after the last five minutes to make sure it is not getting too crisp, and if it is I will take it out. It will be slightly crispy but still chewy.

Hate making it on the stove in a pan because of the splattering. It doesn't splatter in the oven.

#24 ·
not crispy enough to cause sharp shards when bitten but i dont want to have to work to bite part off either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.