How about getting Ammo from South America?

Discussion in 'The Ammo Can' started by armyguy, Dec 23, 2012.

1. armyguy

armyguy XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well I've thought about this back in 2008 during the empty shelf dilemma.

I've worked all around South America and I noticed that almost every country has their own brands of ammo and all manufacture in those individual countries.

So why arent distributors and warehouses stocking up on those brands from these countries?

I mean it seems like these factories just make enough for local consumption and that is it. If they get huge orders from the US then wotn it be good business for them and us? Prices should be dirt cheap also.

I mean is it becaue of some kind of law or import embargo or something that i dont know of? Anyone knows anything?

If you are concern about the quality of the ammo then I can say they are pretty damn excellent. Or if you are still concern about the quality then only get them from manufacturer in countries like Brazil, Argentina, Costa Rica and other countries that have better quality regulations.

I mean we do get ammo from Mexico and those works great. I know some people hate Aguila but they work great and they are way cheaper than the greasy sh*t from eastern europe.

I mean why isnt US Distributor tapping this resources? PMC for example was smart enough to realized that ammo manufacturer in South Korea only operate in 20 percent capacity most of the year because the South Korean are not consuming that much ammo. So they started having them making PMC ammo and selling them here in the US. Its a win win for the US company and also the Korean factories. And I like PMC it is cheap and works great.

Then of course some of you will say well if we get our ammo from South American countries then we will kill jobs here in the US. I can assure you that will not be the case. The US manufacturer cannot even meet the demands most of the time so no worries there. As many as they can produce we will buy up. You the diferences between people in the USA and other countries is that we have extra cash that we buy a lot more than we can shoot so to have a back up supply.
    Also US manufacturer basically are on backorder whenever the US military puts in an order. So the normal citizens will just be sh*t out of luck whenever this happens.

So back to my question "How about getting Ammo from South America?

What say you?

2. Krackels

Krackels XDTalk 25K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +158 / 0
    Import laws?

3. Fileobrother

Fileobrother XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This. You may be able to travel around S. America and get ammo off the shelf, but the rest of us have to buy whats already in the country. Or what ammo is approved for US sale by laws governing international dealers.

4. Helpdesk9

Helpdesk9 XDTalk 20K Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 11
    +1
    ITAR?

acta non verba

5. Boris

Boris XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mag tech?

6. Frontier Owner

Frontier Owner XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bear, wolf, and others are readily available on the shelf.
    We get bulk from Israel, S.Africa, and SE Asia all the time.Why would S. America be any different?