Homeowner's son shoots, kills three would-be burglars

Discussion in 'RKBA News and Information' started by horseman 47231, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Apr 20, 2017 #31
    Snaphook

Snaphook XDTalk 10K Member

Ratings:
    +7,095 / 114
    The kid is responsible for his death, the sad fact is kids do dumb things and sometimes you have the ultimate consequence. Still sad that happened.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Apr 20, 2017 #32
    John A.

John A. XDTalk 4K Member

Ratings:
    +1,184 / 15
    I agree. And it is sad.

Brass knuckles can kill people just as dead as an AR15 though. According to DOJ statistics, more people are beat to death than shot to death.

Where I live, you have to have a concealed deadly weapon permit just to have a pair of knuck's on your person.

A stupid mistake is starting your car to defrost the windows in the winter and locking the door with the car running after you got out to go back inside.

A stupid decision is breaking into someones' house to steal their stuff.

There is a big difference.

One is an accident, the other, an intentional act.

I will pray that all of the families are able to find peace.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Apr 21, 2017 at 6:52 AM #33
    JWA

JWA XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +789 / 12
    Of course we have and teens making bad or unwise decisions will never cease--I swear its almost built into them just as it was me. Like yourself John A. some things I did weren't smart but also like you breaking and entering was never even on my mind at any time.

This grandfather is just expressing grief on one level, I'm sure just under that grief he understands and doesn't disagree fully with the homeowner's son for defending the property and himself too. I'd not expect any family member of the invaders to come out in full support of their deaths, to say the shooter was 100% justified. The best they could offer would be: "we understand why this happened.........".

We can only hope other teens who might be tempted to try this BS or blindly follow their so-called friends into similar acts might be dissuaded from doing so. Even though death is an abstract concept to our invincible youth I'm sure all this registers on some level with them.

4. Apr 21, 2017 at 8:34 AM #34
    N.E. Tx.XD

N.E. Tx.XD XDTalk 10K Member

Ratings:
    +1,010 / 4
    "Hey man, nice shots"