HK P7 - At last

Discussion in 'Non-XD Handguns' started by willieH, Mar 18, 2017 at 6:58 PM.

1. Mar 18, 2017 at 6:58 PM #1
    willieH

willieH XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +1,149 / 2
    We all have to face limits. Some guns I'm not going to own cause they cost more than my house, they're exceptionally rare or if affordable the condition is hideous. I don't buy used guns online so my self-imposed restriction limits the search territory. Anyway I dutifully shake the bushes, kick the tires at the local shops and occasional gun shows. Interesting stuff has come my way, but others are elusive such as the HK P7. I've seen the reviews, videos and photos and have been seeking one for many years. The prices on GB are crazy.

Today was my lucky day, I stumbled into a 1995 P7. It's actually the first one I've ever held. The gun is in fine condition and spare 8 rd mag, box, manual and test target are intact. As best as I can determine, the markings indicate this was a German police issue. PW Arms, Redmond WA was the importer of this 9mm pistol with a contoured heel mag release. The gun looks unused.

There are many interesting features of the design, the most obvious is the grip cocking system and the under barrel gas piston delay mechanism. Another unique feature is the fluted chamber that uses combustion gas jetting out the flutes to eject the spent case. The ejector can be broken and the pistol will work just fine. The P7 was one of the first pistols to use polygonal rifling.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I do have a question for any HK experts. The gun model isn't designed on the pistol. The box however shows it to be a HKP7E. I understand these guns were somewhat uncommon and were issued during the transition from PSP to the P7M8. I'd appreciate any info if this in fact a P7E.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Mar 18, 2017 at 7:08 PM #2
    DevJames

DevJames XDTalk 15K Member

Ratings:
    +4,104 / 43
    Really neat and accurate little pistols.

They actually have a decent factory trigger for an HK too!

I remember getting to shoot one when I was 11 or 12...same guy had a suppressed MP5. It was a fun day for a kid...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mar 18, 2017 at 7:14 PM #3
    Amish_ninjas

Amish_ninjas XDTalk 3K Member

Ratings:
    +3,203 / 20
    Sweet Willie. I parted with a little too much dough a few months ago for one of these. You'll enjoy it.

4. Mar 19, 2017 at 9:17 AM #4
    Hollow Point

Hollow Point XDTalk 3K Member

Ratings:
    +4,918 / 22
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mar 19, 2017 at 9:18 AM #5
    willieH

willieH XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +1,149 / 2
    They do appreciate in value and desirability. I remembered your P9S, I didn't know you also got a P7. If you have a photo, please show your gun.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Mar 19, 2017 at 9:28 AM #6
    Cuda66

Cuda66 XDTalk 20K Member

Kandiyohi County, MN--land of fields and lakes.
    Ratings:
    +10,131 / 240
    Nice, Willie.

P7E is a new one on me...let me dig.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Mar 19, 2017 at 9:35 AM #7
    Hollow Point

Ratings:
    +4,918 / 22
    Found this doing a quick Google search. It's from about 5 years ago. Hope it helps.

From Lionseek.

Home Guns HECKLER & KOCH For Sale SPF: -- HK P7E Uber Rare! (1 of ~150) - Th...

SPF: -- HK P7E Uber Rare! (1 of ~150) - The BEST of my P7 collection!
    almost 5 years ago
    SPF: -- HK P7E Uber Rare! (1 of ~150) - The BEST of my P7 collection!
    Details

Price
    $2,400.00
    Brand
    Heckler & Koch
    Seller
    TooSixy
    Available on
    HK Pro
    Description

As I move away from my life as a collector, I have been liquidating some truly special HK P7s.
    As such, a very unusual opportunity for P7 collectors to acquire rare examples has presented itself to a few discerning buyers.
    Each of the gentlemen who have purchased P7s from me during this recent sale have volunteered to attest to the quality of my pieces, and the care and attention I take in packaging, shipping and communicating.
    Finally I have reached the end of the liquidation, and I have saved the absolute best for last!
    I am offering up my finest, extremely rare P7E from my personal P7 collection. This is a KA date coded example of the heel release P7 specifically marked "P7E".
    This run was imported to the U.S. in 1990 and was the first of a few very small HK USA commercial importations of heel release P7s following the introduction of the M8 and M13 family. Each importation was intended to satisfy demand from HK customers that were not impressed with the so call "improvements" of the M series.
    The P7E (presumably P7 Euro - due to the heel release reintroduction) is the most beautifully marked of the heel release P7s with the silver serial numbers and model similar to the Chantilly M series pistols.
    It is fairly well documented that there are were approximately 150 of these manufactured.
    That is less than a quarter of the quantity of KH date coded PSP marked P7s, and even those are very uncommon to find.
    The P7Es just don't surface often.
    I have seen three in the last six or seven years, and only two that did surface were for sale.
    And one of those wasÂ… gaspÂ… chromed!
    I've photographed this P7E in great deal using the best lit angles and highest resolution available to me. Please let the photos do the talking and feel free to request a shot or angle that you believe is not represented well enough for you to make an informed decision. This particular P7E is in excellent condition but I do not present it as unfired. I have not fired the weapon in my ownership. I personally do not believe the pistol has seen more than a few boxes of rounds (if it has been shot at all), and it certainly has not been carried.
    It is surgically clean. Note that the barrel hood above the ramp has no dings from careless disassembly.
    Amazing!
    I am including both original IJ coded magazines in excellent condition and the original and correct box, manual, blank warranty card and tools.
    I am pricing this pistol at a level consistent with the last two P7Es I have sold and I am including priority insured shipping to the lower 47. California I am afraid is off my radar. I don't think the heel releases are CA approved anyway. $2400 Shipped Priority Insured.
    U.S. Postal money orders only please.
    Don't delay, the first unqualified "I'll take it", gets it.
    Thank you for your consideration and enjoy the photo layout!

SIMILAR ITEMS ON THE WEB
    SIMILAR ITEMS ON LIONSEEK
    Average priceAverage Prices for Heckler-koch Guns on LionseekAverage price01 Apr 1601 May 1601 Jun 1601 Jul 1601 Aug 1601 Sep 1601 Oct 1601 Nov 1601 Dec 1601 Jan 1701 Feb 1701 Mar 170k2k4k6k

© 2017 Lionseek. All rights reserved.

Home Terms of Use Privacy Policy FAQ Contact Us Site Map

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017 at 9:42 AM
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Mar 19, 2017 at 9:44 AM #8
    willieH

willieH XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +1,149 / 2
    I found the info. It seems during the transition from the PSP to the P7, the new style flush mag release was used replacing the protruding button, both still on the heel.

HK marked a very few of the civilian pistols with the "P7E" designation on the slide. Mine was a formally government issued pistols that are proofed differently and not stamped with a model number. While it does have the flush heel mag release and the box label notes the change it not the highly desirable pistol. Apparently there is no difference in the guns, except for the stamp on the slide. However, with only a couple hundred marked "P7E" they are unique and very collectable.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017 at 10:15 AM
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Mar 19, 2017 at 9:51 AM #9
    willieH

willieH XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +1,149 / 2
    One little marking does make a big difference on essentially the same gun. Thanks for the info.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mar 19, 2017 at 9:53 AM #10
    Hollow Point

Ratings:
    +4,918 / 22
    Looks like you came out as a WINNER on this one. Congrats again.