Springfield XD Forum banner

Here We Go Again!

6K views 45 replies 22 participants last post by  HodgePodge 
#1 ·
Just checked my favorite internet sources of .223 & 5.56. All out!! Is this happening to us again? How long will it last this time?

#2 ·
I thought it was just M855, buuuuut
LGS & wmart are sold out of everything 5.56, except for wmart had Winchester Match .223 65gr at $37 box of 50. There were 4 boxes at 4AM, but I had to get to work, couldnt wait for a mgr to be found. At this rate I doubt the boxes will be there at 7 tonight!!

#4 ·
Yep, somewhere over the last three days, it all went crazy.

First I get an e-mail from Natchez advertising the usual 55 gr. fodder, brass case, at ~$0.35 per round (up from ~$0.31 per round this summer), but not considerably more than the $0.33-0.34 per of the last couple of months.

Just 24 hours later, someone on another Forum was saying that it's up to $0.40 per round. Next thing I know, it's today, and people are saying that they're having a hard time finding 55 gr. stuff, too.

Go figure. :(

#5 ·
Well those without are going to look at this as the nose of the camel under the tent, & want to make sure they have ammo. It isn't much of a stretch to think Obama will come after lead core 223 next. If you can't ban the gun, ban the ammo or make it so expensive you sell your guns. That has been going on since Obama took office.:mad:

#8 ·
I was at s walmart buying the last of the .223 this morning Since it was either out of stock or 40 cents a round or more online. Guy behind me comments that I should get all I can because he heard that 223 and AR-15s were going to be banned.
Doesn't take much of a leap for the unknowing to hear one kind of ammo may go away and figure it's the whole platform, hopefully this dry spell won't last long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 ·
I had a very similar thing happen to me. I went to buy some 9mm and he is taking all the Hornady zombie crap off the shelves and starts talking to me. He asks if I've heard how they are banning 5.56 ammo now. I told him what really was going on but I expect it's going to get worse. The local news here just did a story about how ammo sales are through the roof this weekend. I just bought my ar so I don't have a huge stash yet. The people creating a false rush are screwing those who pay attention to what's going on.

#9 · (Edited)
Just checked my favorite internet sources of .223 & 5.56. All out!! Is this happening to us again? How long will it last this time?[/QUOTE]
'Is this happening to us again? How long will it last this time?'

Your answer will be found below:

IMHO, as long as he, or his type, are in office, guns and ammo are under threat at the federal level.

#10 · (Edited)
This kind of crap makes me glad I reload. It's a lot cheaper to lay in components vs ammo. The result only makes more people buy an ar & ammo. Obama as been the most progun president, totally by accident, that our country has ever had. :p

#12 ·
agree with y'all... even though the feds are going try and ban just the M855 / SS106, I think people do see this as being the proverbial camel / tent flap situation and are going to get everything they can.

I took the opportunity to buy a bunch of "defensive" quality .223/5.56 while that was still available. Going to be a madhouse trying to find anything to feed the AR's for a cheap price.

#14 · (Edited)
When we had the shortage in late 2012, I decided I wanted to be more self sufficient. So I can now make my own 224 bullets from basically scrap 22lr cases & about 7# of college parking lot wheel wts per 1000!!!:D

Reactions: ironmike1378
#19 ·
this will pass, and those that stocked up on credit to resell will have to dump it and effectively start to lower price by flooding the market and then i'll scoop some more up. this will get shut down just like everything else. if we could ever effectively ban together and use our collective resources to fight these types of moves instead of trying to take advantage of each other, we wouldn't ever have to worry about these types of situations and could actually enjoy shooting instead of hoarding ammo

#21 ·
Yeah, that's gonna happen. I stopped wishful thinking after several Christmas bummers when I was 7-8, I am pushing up on 60. People will always be people. It's how we got Obama; wishful thinking & all that silver lining crap. 10000 of us could ban together & say no, 100 will do the wrong thing, pretty much cancels it out. Best to look out after you & yours. I would rather buy up 100K rds & sell it to my friends for what I paid, than let the GB crowd buy it up & sell it for outragious prices.

Reactions: 100968
#22 ·
BTW, it is NOT HOARDING if you plan on using it. Even if that is 10yrs from now.:p

#23 ·
Walmart yesterday afternoon, I bought 5 boxs of Winchester 5.56. Lots left. So...I'm not seeing the pinch locally just yet.

#29 ·
#33 ·
I've been out there a few times to shoot. I love the country side & people. I could easily move there when I leave this hell hole of good weather.

#35 ·
you would be welcomed with open arms. people love anyone with common sense around here. being handy on an ammo press and with a pistol helps as well !
just take care on what part you move too. can be night and day difference.
It would be up north, near Helen if I pull that trigger. I already have 10ac in Montana that is waiting to be built on. Things can change though, prop can be sold.

#36 ·
Yeah, that's gonna happen. I stopped wishful thinking after several Christmas bummers when I was 7-8, I am pushing up on 60. People will always be people. It's how we got Obama; wishful thinking & all that silver lining crap. 10000 of us could ban together & say no, 100 will do the wrong thing, pretty much cancels it out. Best to look out after you & yours. I would rather buy up 100K rds & sell it to my friends for what I paid, than let the GB crowd buy it up & sell it for outragious prices.
You gave up when you were 8, of course you feel that way.

All good though. I've got plenty, at least one extra box of 20 to wait it out.

#37 ·
You gave up when you were 8, of course you feel that way.

All good though. I've got plenty, at least one extra box of 20 to wait it out.
No I just learned reality from fantasy 50yrs ago. Giving up isn't in my nature, but neither is pounding my head into a brick wall.
Liberals have something wrong inside their brain, not unlike pediphiles or scisophrinics (sp). You can't reason with them & regardless of education, they can not think in logical terms, only with emotional crap. So writing letters or calling the liberal members in my stte is pointless,they don't care what you or I think until their cushy job is on the line.

#38 ·
I like your attitude. How you live in California, I have no idea ???

that's beautiful country in the mountains here, I go there to get away. I aspire to live there one day! you would not be sorry moving there.
I've seen Montana as well. quite beautiful too. must be rough living though. The ga mountains get as cold as it gets warm in Montana there all winter maybe 4 or 5 times a year. more and more as of recent though, Must be global warming, umhh , heuh, excuse me climate change lol.

#40 ·
I like your attitude. How you live in California, I have no idea ???

lol.
I grew up here, it was a good plac to live when Rep ran things. Not unlike other Dem run states, it's all down hill now, no way to fix it. The only thing nice in Kalif is the weather. I am not afraid of cold though, just not ND or MN cold. Montana is sneaky that way. GA is a place I coud move to, always enjoy my visits.

#44 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.