Springfield XD Forum banner

Hello from Croatia

3K views 32 replies 26 participants last post by  Vjercek 
#1 ·
Hi, my name is Goran. I come from small city of Karlovac in Croatia.
I'm new proud owner of xdm 3.8" 9mm.
Forgive any of my language mistakes, I'll try make as little as possible!

#7 ·
Another Texan welcomes you! :razz:

Reactions: Goran
#20 ·
I'm afraid that my knowledge about Crvena zastava arms is very small. CZ is arms factory from Serbia - diferent country.
In Croatia we have HS Product - manufacturer of xd, xds and xdm series. The factory is located in my town, Karlovac.
So, sorry...

#23 ·
Well, first of all, person must be at least 18 years old ( soon will be changed to 21), no criminal history (of any kind), negative on alcohol and/or illegal drugs use, must have gun vault and certificate of safe handeling guns. If you have all that, than you can ask for gun permit - and, of course, you can be denied.
It took me little more than 4 months to get my permit.

#22 ·
So...We are all guessing that the Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Republic of Croatia, allows citizen firearm ownership.
We like it! But are curious to the State rules of such. What kind of hoops do they make ya jump through? Do they allow concealed carry? And am guessing that open carry is completely forbidden.

Ammo should be cheap, but it may cost a premium too.

#26 ·
In Croatia, as a civilian, getting a carry permit is nearly impossible. You must have very, very good reason for wanting a carry permit, whitch is usually not good reason enough.
You can get permit for owning ( keep it at home in vault and take it to gun range and back home - with no stops in between) but for a few years now, didn't hear that any civilian got a carry permit.
Even the police and army guys are having hard time getting one, but easier than the rest of us.

Owning permit is given for self defence only after you complete the course for safe handeling the weapon, all sorts of medical and psihological tests which can take up to a year.
Another way is if you become a member of some shooting club ( like I did, IPSC club), then you apply for sport gun permit. This way is faster ( took me 4 months).
All in all, pretty hard to own a gun in Croatia, but not impossible.
Ammo....9 mm is around 0.5 $,
.45 about 0.9$.
Not cheap when average sallary is 850-900$.

But hey, it's all a game!:lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.