gun shoots low

Discussion in 'XD Gunsmithing and Maintenance' started by 20incher, Jun 14, 2011.

1. 20incher

20incher XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If my gun shoots low would I put a lower front sight to raise it?I want it about 2" to 4" higher.Thanks

2. UltimateTDC

UltimateTDC XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    most likely the problem is you...99% of the time if someone thinks their sights are off its the shooters that is off

3. DannyXBOX

DannyXBOX XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Taken from a google search. Wikipedia:

To move the line of sight DOWN (the shot hit BELOW the point of aim) the REAR sight is RAISED or the FRONT sight is LOWERED.
    To move the line of sight UP (the shot hit ABOVE the point of aim) the REAR sight is LOWERED or the FRONT sight is RAISED. (Example below)
    To move the line of sight LEFT (the shot hit LEFT of the point of aim) the REAR sight is moved RIGHT, or the FRONT sight is moved LEFT.
    To move the line of sight RIGHT (the shot hit RIGHT of the point of aim) the REAR sight is moved LEFT, or the FRONT sight is moved RIGHT.

4. FJ40Jay

FJ40Jay XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    im sure if you search on here for " my gun shoots low " you will find valuable info..good luck

5. treehugger49

treehugger49 XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    An easy way to remember how to make a sight adjustment is the acronym FORS - Front Opposite, Rear Same. It refers to moving the point of impact rather than line of sight.

To move the point of impact up, i. e., you're shooting low, either lower (opposite) the front sight or raise (same) the rear sight. The same method applies to windage as well.

6. 20incher

20incher XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Actually it's the sights ,meaning the way I like them.Yes they are on but I like to lollipop them.Thanks treehugger I like that acronym.

7. N.E. Tx.XD

N.E. Tx.XD XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    No...you shoot low. The XD shoots where ya point it.

8. 20incher

20incher XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    MEANING THE WAY I I I I I I I I I I like them NE TX xd

9. 20incher

20incher XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    please read before you comment.

10. 20incher

20incher XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ,meaning the way I like them.Yes they are on but I like to lollipop them

11. UltimateTDC

UltimateTDC XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    what does lollipop mean 20incher?

12. XDm_Shooter

XDm_Shooter XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Wondering the same thing...:confused: Dude, trust me...the gun is shooting where you point it. I had a thread going on here for a while where I was shooting low, I would have bet a years salary on it being the gun...and I would have lost! This is the ONLY handgun that I have had this issue with but it was undoubtably and without question ME and not the gun. It took me about another 1500 rounds to figure it out but I did figure it out. These pistols have such long pretravel and reset on them that it was just screwin me up big time. When I slowed WAY WAY down with my shooting I caught myself at almost the end of the pull and the muzzle was dropping...trigger control is everything...especially on these guns IMO....:shock:

13. 20incher

20incher XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well apparently you guys have no clue and yes I have around 3 or 4 thousand down this and around 10,000 down my ruger mk2 and about 8 thousand down my usp40.Here ya go maybe you knowledgable gurus trying to belittle me should look up lollipopping its been around since shooting began.
    <LI class="g knavi" sb_id="ms__id5903">The Gun Digest Book of Combat Handgunnery - Google Books Result [​IMG]

[ame="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&biw=1519&bih=713&q=inauthor:%22Massad+Ayoob%22&sa=X&ei=4235TemaJ8bl0QGon7GYAw&sqi=2&ved=0CEQQ9Ag"]Massad Ayoob[/ame] - 2007 - Antiques & Collectibles - 254 pages
    Put together, it looks like a big lollipop. ... Novak Custom Browning when we were at a Winchester ammunition seminar together at Gunsite Ranch in Arizona, ...
    books.google.com/books?isbn=0896895254...

14. 20incher

20incher XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    All I asked was which way to go with the sites,Let me say it once more time"I DONT LIKE WHERE IT SHOOTS<THE GUN IS ON TARGET I I I I I I I I I I MEMEMEMEMEMEMEME"dosent like where its shoots and IIIIIIII never did.Maybe you should look up Massad AYoob, ever hear of him?

15. 20incher

20incher XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not trying to be cocky but I can shoot.Let me say it once more THE GUN IS ON BUT NOT THE WAY I I I I I ME ME ME LIKES IT.Do you understand that now its on its on its on the xd is on deaed on nuts on it shoots straightThats 15 rds at 200 yrds with my 308..[​IMG]

16. 20incher

20incher XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    All I asked is how to make it shoot lower.Thats it.Why you guys jumping down my throat,the next time you answer please read and then reread the post before answering.

17. infectednite

infectednite XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jesus man switch to decaff...

No one jumped down your throat and i don't recall seeing anyone belittling you (unless there's stuff going on in PM). People posted how to adjust them, but also stated it's generally a shooting problem not the gun. No matter how many times we read or re-read your original post the title and content imply that it is the gun that is shooting low, not that it's a personal preference issue.

Flying off the handle bars like that is a good way to encourage people to not respond at all in the future

18. 20incher

20incher XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    [​IMG] The first one is lollipopping,mine is like no 3 but a little higher which (here we go)I do not like.

19. XDm_Shooter

XDm_Shooter XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    +1

So I was right when I said that the gun was hitting where it is pointing...as already stated, your OP and Title make it sound as if you are saying that the GUN SHOOTS LOW...HOW DO I FIX IT.

By the way...I have been shooting for a while too....about 30 years worth and have NEVER heard that kind of aim called that, does not mean its not, just that I have never heard the term...guess I'm not a "guru" :shock: lmao then again I never said I was...just responding to what I read...

20. 20incher

20incher XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    "No...you shoot low. The XD shoots where ya point it."Wondering the same thing...:confused: Dude, trust me...the gun is shooting where you point it." NO dude its not me read the post before telling someone there wrong ,is that too hard?Telling me Im wrong repeatedly, it's a very simple question.I stated it on the first page like three times and still its me shooting crooked .People read what they want to too often on posts and answer too fast .No and your wrong, one person posted on it and the other three are telling me its me.infectednite this is my second reply and then after that It was me,you cant understand this qoute? "
    Actually it's the sights ,meaning the way I like them.Yes they are on but I like to lollipop them.Thanks treehugger I like that acronym."