Springfield XD Forum banner

gun belt

3K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  901-Memphis 
#1 ·
#14 ·
I wear an Uncle Mike's daily and wear a heavy holstered scanner on my hip all day. I love this belt.

While I don't plan on needing to be rescued via the belt buckle, I had always thought that I could connect a carabiner to it to hold my body weight. Anybody got a link that says that these buckles are not load rated?

#6 ·
#8 ·
+1 for ^^ Got 4 of 'em

Also have a Crossbreed belt that is as good as anything else out there IMO.

#11 ·
I love my Bigfoot belt. Butter smonth & soft leather with flexible steel core. Best belt I've owned. The black belt buckle is the perfect finishing touch.

#12 ·
A lot of it depends on how much you are carrying on it. I am running a Nexbelt ratcheting belt and I absolutely love it. My wife also got me a leather ratcheting Trakline belt from Kore Essentials. Haven't worn that one yet but probably will soon. If you want a HD ratcheting belt you can look at the RGB brand. They make theirs here in the USA and are double layer leather belts that look solid but about twice what the two I currently have cost. All I carry is a pistol and maybe an extra Mag or two so I'm good.

#13 ·
Since this subject (if not this actual thread) comes up regularly I thought I might as well throw in my .02 on the BLACKHAWK CQB riggers belt.

I didn't want to spend a ton of money until I figured out exactly what I liked and disliked since this is my first departure from leather gun belts.
...turns out, I like pretty much everything about it: load-rated buckle, plenty stiff, under 30 bucks.
I just ordered a 2nd one, and it probably won't be my last...collect the whole set!

#19 ·
I wear an Uncle Mike's daily and wear a heavy holstered scanner on my hip all day. I love this belt.

While I don't plan on needing to be rescued via the belt buckle, I had always thought that I could connect a carabiner to it to hold my body weight. Anybody got a link that says that these buckles are not load rated?
They have a "Reinforced Instructor's Belt" and a "Tactical Rigger's Belt". I've never used the Rigger's Belt but IIRC their Instructor's Belts come with a warning in the package that the buckle is "styled" after a riggers belt but should not be used as a safety harness. Will it hold your body weight? I've never tried it but I suspect it would.

Okay, I just called them. They confirmed that neither of these belts is load rated for safety use...

#20 ·
I use the leather belts w/ kydex inserts from Comptac. A sleeper nylon belt is the guide belt from Cabellas, less than $30. I have been using one for competition for 4yrs now, still solid.

#22 ·
I started using an uncle Mike's instructor belt and it was a good upgrade over a Walmart leather belt, I was on my second one after the first one lasted a couple years but then I got a Hanks kydex reinforced belt and wow what a comfortable and supportive belt it made the uncle Mike's look like a joke.

I had it for awhile but I'm rough on clothing and I cracked the kydex inside, no problem with the function especially since it was on the other side of the belt but Hanks exchanged it no problem.

I did the same thing to the new one they sent me another. Then I did it again and they fully refunded me and I'm using their steel core belt which is amazingly sturdy and thick. Lots of these companies have short warranty on belts, Hanks is 100 years and I can attest to their excellent customer service. They sent pre paid shipping labels for returns and exchanges.

The kydex belt was my favorite but I break everything, it was thin and supportive still. I'd recommend the Hanks kydex for most people.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.