Grip Chop for IDPA?????

Discussion in 'Gun Games: Shooting Competition' started by PilgrimChapter33, Mar 30, 2007.

1. PilgrimChapter33

PilgrimChapter33 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are grip chops IDPA legal? Specifically for CDP? I didnt find any mention in the rulebook... help!

2. R Dub

R Dub Super Moderator Staff Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    I think you have to look at the "Permitted Modifications", which is an inclusive list. Not on it..not allowed.

3. glock10mmman

glock10mmman XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I dont have my rule book handy, but basically it says "No Robar style grip reductions allowed." I beleive this will fall into that.

I know your pain. I had a tricked out Glock 17 that I did a grip chop and grip reduction on hopeing to use it in IDPA only to find out it wont work. You could use it for USPSA, but you would have to shoot open.

g10

4. PilgrimChapter33

PilgrimChapter33 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Man that sucks... I was gonna do a chop on my 45 service that I compete with now... and go back to competing with it with the magazines with sleave...so it would no different than just competing with a 45 compact...oh well.. it's just agrivating that it would be the exact same gun as if i bought the compact, the only difference is springfield making it short instead of me. guess i'll start saving for the compact then.

5. DM-SC

DM-SC XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Guns with a grip reduction are listed as not legal for SSP but, are fine for ESP and CDP depending upon caliber. The rule book does not mention grip reductions in the CDP or ESP sections.