Got my XDS today!

Discussion in 'XD-S Discussion Room' started by pinoyxdm, Oct 19, 2012.

1. pinoyxdm

pinoyxdm XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Got my XDS today! Thank you joeboboutfitters.com for the discount and prompt delivery.

2. M1A Shooter

M1A Shooter XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just got mine a couple hours ago too!!! Is this thing a Pocket Rocket or what?? I put 50 thru mine already.

3. pinoyxdm

pinoyxdm XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Lucky you M1A Shooter for shooting today too. How was your shooting?

4. M1A Shooter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, I had heard things about the XDs... like heavy muzzle flip, the grip was like a cheese grater and hurt hands, not to mention the everlasting light strike syndrome. Look, First, the muzzle flip won't nothing. It was not much more than my 4" Service XD45. The grip didn't bother me at all. All 50 went off without a hitch. The accuracy was FANTASTIC!! I expected it to be a real short range product, but she held good at 15-20 yds. I love this pig!! SO glad I didn't get scared away from buying one. I had a Glock 36 once before, it stove piped, jammed, was useless. There is NO comparison of the two. The XDs beats it hands down.

5. Badger45

Badger45 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Congrats. I've had mine a couple of weeks and it's just so good. I've never owned a small pistol before, but I really enjoy this one. All the "problems" I've read about I've not experienced. In fact, out of the box, this has been the most reliable semi-auto I've owned.

6. M1A Shooter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I tell ya what, if this thing gives me half the service my 4" Service has, I will die a happy man.. It has been a War Mule.

7. Bigthrust

Bigthrust XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Congrats pinoyxdm and M1A Shooter . I freakin' love my XDS. I am so happy to have finally found a true concealed carry gun that is comfortable, potent, great trigger and well made.

8. DWHAM

DWHAM XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Took my XDs to the range for the first time today. The grip texture was abrasive at first but I got used to it.
    The recoil isn't bad is about what my pard's SR40 is or less, certainly less flip
    As for accuracy the last clip of 125 rds went 3 into a 3" circle at 10 yds. It's slimmer than my 1911s and my XDm 5.25, It's going to take me more practice to get the feel for it.

9. Kokopelli

Kokopelli XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I really like the little pistol.. I don't really fell any muzzle flip at all.. It will "jack" your elbow and shoulder after a while, but that's after a rather long range session. The grip does sort-a feel like a cheese grater after a box or two, but the Talon grip should take care of that. At first the back strap dug into my hand pretty badly, bit the smaller, flatter backstrap took care of that. It's an interesting little pistol.. I don't know of a better 45ACP compact, that's for sure.. Ron

10. 00sdime00

00sdime00 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What a coincidence....... I just got mine today also. ::D
    I will be going to the range tomorrow and will put her to good use.
    Obligatory pictures will follow once I can.

11. photogbill

photogbill XDTalk 3K Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0
    Add me to the list of NEW XDs owners! I got mine last night. I been interested in them for awhile and each time I checked them out at a gun shop I fell in love with how it felt in my hand!

It will be awhile before I'm able to 'test' mine out due to continued recovery from shoulder surgery but I'm pretty confident I'll like it based on past XDM experience & the things I've read so far!

For the most part I got the impression by those who have shot one, that the kick & muzzle flip isn't anywhere near as much as was expected! All in all it sounds like SA took care to insure that in their development of this new gem!

It's almost identical in size to the Walther PPS that I traded in when I bought it. ...but the XDs feels so much more comfortable & balanced in my hand. It also seems like it will be more comfortable in my IWB Tagua holster than the PPS ...and perhaps almost as comfortable as my CM9.

12. pinoyxdm

pinoyxdm XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Congrats to you too photogbill! Sorry about your shoulder surgery. How about using the other shoulder to shoot with your new baby :)

13. photogbill

photogbill XDTalk 3K Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0
    Thanks for the Congrats & shoulder sympathy! The other shoulder was operated on about 11 years ago and hasn't been 100% since I injured it, even after surgery.

....I'll be fondling my XDs a lot before my first test run though .....LOL ...Hope that doesn't sound toooo perverted! ...LOL

14. jetlag

jetlag XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hello!

[​IMG]

15. 00sdime00

00sdime00 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nope. Not at all......Then again, I am fondling mine as we speak. :shock: lol