Springfield XD Forum banner

Got another p226 legion, got another problem

5K views 53 replies 16 participants last post by  techvoodoo 
#1 · (Edited)
if you recall I got a p226 legion a few months ago and on the first range trip it had an odd problem/malfunction. Since I didn't trust its reliability I got rid if it.

Picked up a new p226 legion today and after getting home what do I notice? The right dot on the rear sight doesn't light up. No idea why, but it gives off zero illumination.

I'm aggravated if you couldn't have guessed.

#2 ·
if you recall I got a p226 legion a few months ago and one the first range trip it had a wired problem/malfunction. Since I didn't trust its reliability I got rid if it.

Picked up a new p226 legion today and after getting home what do I notice? The right dot on the rear sight doesn't light up. No idea why, but it gives off zero illumination.

I'm aggravated if you couldn't have guessed.
It happens.

Contact Sig; they will either have you send them the slide, or send you a replacement rear sight.

The latter is what a buddy of mine did when he got a M11A1 with a dud vial...

#3 ·
Yeah I called Sig, those are my 2 options. I don't want to put it on myself, they say that will void my warranty. Guess I'll send it in. Sucks I won't have a $1200 gun I just bought today for 3 weeks. My faith in Sig is pretty shaken at this point. Two guns and two strikeouts.

#5 ·
Hell, I'll double Cuda's offer.

Let's not have a bidding war though, Joe may come by and squash us all.

Sorry about the problems Techvoodo. All I can say is Sig's have always been outstanding for me, bummer you've had bad luck.

#7 ·
Hell, I'll double Cuda's offer.

Let's not have a bidding war though, Joe may come by and squash us all.

Sorry about the problems Techvoodo. All I can say is Sig's have always been outstanding for me, bummer you've had bad luck.
Already have a SA/DA 226 Legion, as well as a SAO 226 Legion. Y'all bid away. :)

#17 ·
I tend to F up DIY projects. Also I don't own punches or a vice. I have seen it done in videos and it doesn't look too hard but I don't want to spend the money or risk gouging the hell out of my slide. I'd rather wait for it to get shipped then live with it messed up forever.

#19 ·
Does it go bang when you pull the trigger? That's what matters, a single dot sight or whatever it is can be replaced. Fluck the warranty, put sights on. If it goes bang, it's all good IMO. On the flip side, when one pays $1200 for handgun, you want it to be perfect out of the box. I've had my share of standard Sig's with issues. I hope my Legion, waiting for me, hits the appropriate mark.

#26 ·
Well the slide is getting packed up and ready to ship out to Sig. In my letter that I enclosed with all my return shipping and contact info and explanation of why I sent in the slide I also said if they felt compelled to compensate me for the inconvenience with a free magazine or other cool sig swag they wouldn't have to twist my arm. Lets see if they ignore that part lol.

#33 ·
Personally, if that happened to me, back to back, I'd be DONE.

#34 ·
I got a shipping notification from Sig today. My slide is scheduled to be returned on Monday. Assuming they meet that delivery date it will have taken 19 days total turnaround. Not as fast as I would've liked but as long as everything is in order I guess I'll live.

#35 ·
It'll be interesting to see if they send you anything such as an extra mag or two to take some of the sting out of it. Stuff like this is why I traded my 226 in for an HK P30.

#37 ·
P226 Legion slide with new rear sight came back today. It appears to all be in order with a total turn around time of 19 days.

I didn't get anything extra from Sig. I didn't expect it but it would have been nice, being as this was a brand new $1200 gun I owned for roughly 12 hours and never even fired before sending it in, and when I once had to send in a $550 Glock they shoot me some stickers and a Glock keychain with the return.

Oh well at least it's fixed. Here's to hoping it actually shoots well.

#39 ·
Well in hindsight after further examination it's the new sight isn't exactly perfect. I didn't notice it until I was looking at the sight picture with some lighting coming from behind, but there's an obnoxious shiny flaw on the sight.... I don't know if I am just going to live with it or call and complain.

#40 ·
it would appear to me that as the sight was being pushed in some of the finish was probably removed and now bare metal is showing in that spot. I could probably live with it, but after having to send it in for one of the night sight dots not illuminating I sort of expect it to be absolutely perfect.

I know it's minor and I'm sure a lot of people are going to say suck it up, but this is now 3 strikes for Sig. My first p226 legion has a major malfunction on the first range trip and not being confident I'd ever trust that particular firearm I sold it. This one, my 2nd, had a dead night sight out of the box, and now strike 3 it comes back from service less than 100%.

I don't know maybe I'm being to picky but I still feel pretty disappointed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.