Springfield XD Forum banner

Got a new XDs9 and not impressed

7K views 51 replies 24 participants last post by  nugun55 
#1 ·
I bought a new XDs9 a while back and was tickled to get it. After putting a couple hundred rounds through it my Ruger LC9s is going to be my carry pistol. The Ruger has a much better trigger is more accurate and seems to have less recoil. I really liked the looks and feel of the XD but have to go with my Ruger. I'm going to see if there are any excellent gunsmiths in my area to maybe improve the trigger. I bought Talon grips for the XD and am willing to spend a little hoping to improve the XD

#3 ·
+1 to the PRP spring (or spring + sear) kit.

I have to say, the LC9s does have a sweet trigger right out of the box - and the XDs can be just as good, if not better, with the PRP kit and a little polishing. But as far as accuracy goes I have to say there isn't a noticeable difference between them that I can tell.

#4 · (Edited)
Accuracy is in the hands of the shooter. It takes time to get use to the xds small size, with proper gripping and trigger pull you can be very accurate. I have larger hands but with time i have made drastic improvements in my grouping. Here is some of my targets at 20-25 feet. The red target was shot at a slow speed going for accuracy, the yellow was done at a faster pace about a second between shots.

#5 ·
WOW I'm impressed. What I said was I shot my LC9s more accurate than the XD. I'm 75 and have been shooting since I was a small boy. At 7 yds there wouldn't be much difference but I tested accuracy at 25 yds to decide which was more accurate for me. Just because its that way for me don't make that way for everybody.

#7 ·
you like the lc9 trigger better? the trigger pull on the lc9 was what convinced me into an xds haha. i hated the long heavy pull.

#10 ·
The old LC9 had a shrouded hammer to strike the firing pin, and yeah, very long, heavy, often gritty pull. The new LC9s - s for striker fired - is a very well done striker fired mechanism. Shorter pull, lighter, crisper. Ruger learned that lesson well, I have to say.

#9 ·
The Ruger has a much better trigger is more accurate and seems to have less recoil.
You may shoot the LC9s more accurately, but that does not mean it is inherently more accurate. As for recoil, the LC9s is considerably lighter weight, and therefore many people, including myself, perceive the recoil to be greater.

#15 ·
Well if a guy is coming at you shooting from 25 yards then sure. Now if the guy is running away and you shoot him at 25 yards good luck in court.
Hand guns have other uses other than shooting people. I have hunted and harvested PD, speed goats, wild hogs, rabbits and last deer with a pistol.. I use a hand gun as a tool. I do a lot of target shooting and enjoy it. I'm not a want a be SWAT and sure don't want to use it on a human but if necessary I have the skill and will protect myself and family

Reactions: FearNot
#22 ·
You are a grumpy individual. Your thread is about your XDS being used as a carry pistol not hunting or etc. You are the guy that is not happy with it because you are not accurate with it. Just sell the gun and shoot your ruger. It doesn't sound like you need any help, you are a know it all. Why did you post a thread if you already know all the answers.

#26 ·
LC9s is a fine pistol. Congrats on your choice. I still carry an occasional LC9 and am proficient with it. Trolls begone!

Have fun and enjoy responsibly.

Reactions: tndavisusa
#31 ·
Now I will tell you what is right about the XD oops XDs. It comes in a very nice hard case. It has two mags (Ruger you have to buy a extra) It has a adjustable back strap. It has a very nice paddle holster (Ruger you got to buy one). It has a nice mag holder (Ruger you got to buy one). After I buy and install the trigger kit I probably will like the trigger and have better accuracy.

#35 ·
100 rounds is nothing, really.

On a new gun you have to put 500 rounds through it before passing any judgement. Kimber's for example, as expensive as the are, are a jam fest before the 500 round mark.

If you can't afford the ammo, and today who can, dry fire the living piss out of the XDs. Dry fire it 25 to 50 times every day for a few weeks. Let the sear, springs, and other metal doo-dads wear against each other until they "marry up" and learn to live happy together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.