Springfield XD Forum banner

Going to get XDMc .40 but want to cerakote it?

4K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Podunks 
#1 ·
Ok so as soon as they come out in a few day I will be getting the XDMc in the .40, and am very seriously looking at Cerakoting the bad boy!

One concern I have however is that the cerakote or the application process will hard the weapon itself, can anyone add some input on this?

Also if you have any pictures of your XDM cerakoted I would really love to seem them!

Thanks and have a Blessed day.

#7 ·
I guess it depends on how much abuse your going to give to your XDM. I personally used my xdm as a range gun at that time, and there was the usual wear from holster draws when practicing. It never chipped or cracked on me. Duracoat is fine for the frame, you might want to check out springer precision to see if they can do your slide.

I've removed the duracoat and just have a FDE like color now, these are its old pics:
http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/sa-xd-xd-m-accessories/115513-how-durcoating-your-xdm.html

#9 ·
Thanks, im thinking of doing a Dark earth frame, with OD green accents, and an OD slide with ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ on one side of the slide, and Veritas on the other, in either red or silver.

That is once I can get my hands on the 40 compact, got the cash just waiting for them to ship.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.