Springfield XD Forum banner

g36 or.......

2K views 29 replies 19 participants last post by  bunk22 
#1 ·
I have a xds 45 3.3 I like it. But.......I think I want a glock36. I have a 17, an 26 and a 21. If I get the 36 id be trading my xds. Any of have a thought or and comparison between the 2?

#3 ·
Had the XDs45. Still have the G36. ;)

#5 ·
Same here. Love my 30s, and 10/11 rounds of flying ashtrays works for me!

I recently picked up an XDS9. My LGS had the essentials pkg for $399, and, well, I had a moment of weakness :D

#6 ·
G30S or this thread has gone full retard.

With the S, not the regualr G30, the Glock gives up barely much weight and width to the 36 but adds a few more rounds.

The 30S has a G36 slide on a 30 frame. Sounds wacky but it's a thinner, lighter slide on a barely wider grip.

I want a gen 4 30S to hallen soon.

#7 ·
G30S or this thread has gone full retard.

With the S, not the regualr G30, the Glock gives up barely much weight and width to the 36 but adds a few more rounds.

The 30S has a G36 slide on a 30 frame. Sounds wacky but it's a thinner, lighter slide on a barely wider grip.

I want a gen 4 30S to hallen soon.
Don't wait. Get the G30S as is. It's been my EDC ever since day one :)

Reactions: 1lowlife
#8 ·
I had a G30S that I carried for several months, sold it just because I was changing around my carry guns. The 30S is probably my favorite Glock, small, easy to carry, 11 shots of 45, and the recoil isn't bad at all. If you're looking for a carry gun in 45 the 30S is the best choice.

Reactions: XD-Generate
#17 ·
I had a G30S that I carried for several months, sold it just because I was changing around my carry guns. The 30S is probably my favorite Glock, small, easy to carry, 11 shots of 45, and the recoil isn't bad at all. If you're looking for a carry gun in 45 the 30S is the best choice.
^ This means a lot coming from this guy..
It took him awhile to admit he liked ANY Glock...:shock:

Keep the XD
You almost got a dislike for that.
You've obviously never shot a Glock 30S..

i sold my XDs within a month of buying it..:x

#9 ·
Another vote for the G36

#11 ·
A close friend of mine has a G36 and I have borrowed it many times.

To this day...I still don't know why i don't own one! LOL

The G36 is shockingly easy to control for a small 45. Forget what you remember, shooting a Colt Officer's Model 1911....the G36 is tons easier to control than any 3.5" 1911 if you ask me. I have also never had the thing jam and I have borrowed this G36 probably 4-5 times and run several hundred rounds through it each session.

The G36 is a sweet shooter that is about the size of a thicker G19.

if it appeals to you...go for it. I totally get the appeal of the G36 and yes...someday I will own one. As a long time Glock shooter and owner of 3 other Glocks and 4 1911s...it would be a natural progression! LOL

#19 ·
I had awful mag/grip finger pinch with my G36, but not with the G30S.
The XDs in 45 did nothing for me.
Still had the sloppy spongy trigger the XD line is known for..

I like the stock Glock trigger better, but I like stock Glock triggers..
But even if one didn't like the stock Glock trigger, there are several, plentiful, affordable, and easy ways to modify a Glock trigger over an XD trigger...

#23 ·
Yeah...some people DO experience that finger pinch between the bottom of the frame and the mag base on the G36.

It is sort of like hammer bite on a Hi-Power - some get it...some do not. Personally, I have never been bitten by the hammer on a Hi-Power or a 1911.

Ditto for the G36 mag pinch. I never had that happen in the many sessions where I borrowed one but many do and it is a concern.

I would guess that the wider frame on the G30 and G30S might make it a more comfy pistol to shoot than the G36, although I found the G36 very easy to control. Before shooting a G36, my only experience with a small 45 was Dad's old Series 80 Colt Officer's Model but the G36 is TEN TIMES easier to shoot than the small 1911.

Enjoy it...I might be getting a small Glock 45 this fall. Been wanting one for a very long time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.