FYI Korea still sucks

Discussion in 'U.S. Military Services & Veterans' started by Igniskhin, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Igniskhin

Igniskhin XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    the mascetos (sp?) are still swarming, the heat/humidity is pretty bad (I'm from Florida so i have a strewed sense of "horrible humidity") there are still plenty of "juices" but I'm married. oh, and Chem gear still sucks... and yet i'm still having a great time here.

thankfully, i have this forum to keep me some what tied to the gun world and yahoo for the famley so yay for modern technology at least.

2. sourpatch45

sourpatch45 XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    what are "juices"?

and what are you doing in Korea?

3. VinnAY

VinnAY XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think he means juicy girls...girls that work the bars and parlay patrons with favors to get a drink called a "juicy"...a severely over priced little cup of, well, "juice" (actual contents vary).

Atleast thats how I remember if from back in my Osan Air Base assignment in 1991 - 1992

4. Jedi XD

Jedi XD XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    LOL, he means the 'juicy girls', they are in the bars and you pay them to spend time with you. You do this by buying them a drink, for a certain amount of time. More time means more drinks. By the way they are usually drinking soda or juice while you are getting drunk. :rolleyes:

I went to Korea in Feb05-06. It was alright, but if you're married and faithful there is not that much to do. Well when you are a broke PFC and no one else wants to get out of the 'villes, lol.

Get out of the villes and enjoy the culture, go to the war museum, DMZ, visit castles, etc. Korea has a lot more to offer than 'the ville'.

5. Igniskhin

Igniskhin XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't really know why, but my shop usually calls them Juices but yeah juicy girls are just paid company. the military cracked down and now were not supposed to pay the "bar fine" so that you can spend the night with them.

6. matlt

matlt XDTalk 2K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Have heard from a lot of people that they had the time of their lives in korea. All single guys though, and probably a few that were married but didn't care about staying married.

7. WitchingHour

WitchingHour XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Juicy girls? I'd always known them as "drinky" girls... they were typically either Russian or Filipino, and the Russians tended to be particularly disappointing.. you'd have your beer served to you by this gorgeous Russian girl, dressed in these tantalizing little outfits, then she'd speak, in a voice suitable to land her the lead singer position in a band like Cannibal Corpse... "HELLO! WHAT IS YOUR NAME? YOU CAN ME BUY ONE DRRRRINK?!"

YouTube - Cannibal Corpse - Hammer Smashed Face With Lyrics

8. Jedi XD

Jedi XD XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Drinky girls!! Thank you for the correction, I knew "Juicy Girls" didn't sound right. It's been 3 years since Ive been there and if I never go back I won't be sad.

9. WitchingHour

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Yeah... ten years later, I don't get particularly wistful thinking about that place. I was stationed at the now defunct Camp Greaves, which was the only 2ID base north of the Imjin, and surrounded by paddies... oh, the smell..... 24/7... it was a real charm in the Summer heat, let me tell you...

10. Jedi XD

Jedi XD XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I was at Camp Stanley(which is now the turtle farm), and we ran to "the tree" twice a week, through those paddies. I know all about them. ;)

11. WitchingHour

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Stanley? Don't know where that one is... I inprocessed at a small camp just outside the main gate to Camp... the hell was it called, again? Hovey? Whichever camp it was in TDC. We also boarded helos there a couple times, too. We had one company at Camp Giant in Munsan, but that camp was mostly DPW stuff (and I imagine it's shut down now, too), and Camp Garry Owen was in that same vicinity, too. I really don't remember too many of the camps by name.. I think there was a Camp Mobile, Camp Nimble... hell, I don't remember. I can remember KTC, Nightmare Range, and I think the JSA camps were Liberty and.... Bonifas. Red Cloud was in Seoul, IIRC. I don't know which ones are still in existence.

12. VinnAY

VinnAY XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Red Cloud is Uijongbu, not Seoul.

13. Jedi XD

Jedi XD XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    That was Camp Casey, Hovey is on the other side of Casey, the small camp was Mobile.

My unit moved from Stanley to Casey while I was there as it was being turned over to 8th Army. I still love this t-shirt I bought. "2ID, where the men are Men and the boys are south" :p

14. WitchingHour

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Yeah, I didn't get a chance to get familiar with that place. Thanks for the correction.

Yeah... that's it... Mobile. I thought that place was a hellhole, until I got to Camp Greaves. And Greaves was the Ritz compared to the big sandbox.

I'm much too civilianised now to go back, I think :razz:

15. Planedr

Planedr XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    I spent 2 1/2 yrs there. Camp Eagle and Camp Page. I loved it.
    We used to laugh at the 2ID guys. We had brand new barracks and no stupid passes to get off post on the weekends. It was one big party.