Front Sight Approved Holsters and Supplies

Discussion in 'The Classroom' started by Educated_Gunner, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Educated_Gunner

Educated_Gunner XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Guys and Gals!

This is my very first thread as I am a new and excited member on here. So my question is simple. Are any of you familiar with Front Sight and their recommended holsters for training? I've been looking at the Safariland ALS model 6378 and 5.11's Thumb Release holsters. I'm actually torn between the two but my concern is if any of them are approved by Front Sight. I'm attending the Front Sight "Instructor's Development Course" in a few months and they've already given me practice tips but no recommendations for holster's other than "we don't allow Blackhawk's SERPA holsters."

Can someone help me out? Thanks and I strongly look forward to threading more with you all!

Educated Gunner
    "Reach for the moon. Even if you miss you'll land among the stars." - Les Brown

2. wade93274

wade93274 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They seem to favor BladeTech, but just about any Kydex style OWB holster would be fine. My personal recommendation would be to stay away from any retention holster for the class unless you're VERY familiar with it's operation (it'll slow you down). I've used the Safari ALS there without any problem, but that was before they banned the SERPA. It's a different system, but why take the chance.

3. Mr. YACYAS

Mr. YACYAS XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If Front Sight doesn't accept a ALS holster for their courses I wouldn't want there training. The ALS is perhaps the best combat holster ever conceived and ran buy Travis Haley, Jeff Gonzales, and many others. The banning of SERPA holsters in my opinion is kinda stupid, however I do understand the argument against it.

Also, I would rock a ALS over the 5.11 holster by far, Safariland's ALS is a way higher quality holster.

Hope this helps.