Freedom munitions

Discussion in 'Factory Loaded Ammunition' started by Shepp3rd, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Shepp3rd

Shepp3rd XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just received an email from what appears to be a new player (?) in the remanufatured and/or new ammo business. Prices look to be right in line with what USA AMMO was offering on their reloads. No experience with them yet but I think I will give them a try when I order next. They also offer a "BLASTER" series which puts the 9mm down to .15 cents per round at 1,000 - thats unheard of nowadays :shock:. For a plinker like me, it's looking pretty good.

Ammunition Online at Factory Direct Prices | Freedom Munitions

2. xJPxHatchet

xJPxHatchet XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well i would have to say For 25cents a round for 40cal 165g per 1000 and it only comes to $255.00 shipped. I am all in. that is if there are no issues with it will try a box of 50 and see how they do. thanks for the post.

3. mhen

mhen XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Someone on these forums was advertising for them a couple days ago. Looking around online it looks like they may be former employees of USA Ammo. These prices look good, just wondering how the quality is.

4. Shepp3rd

Shepp3rd XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Forgot to post this.... but it says if you order by Feb 15th, use code # first10 at checkout to receive an additional 10% off (if its your first order with them). Like I said, I have never heard of them so if anybody has purchased their ammo, please give your feedback on your experience!

5. alowicious

alowicious XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will probably try them out soon and let you know.. I did find some reviews on another site which has me a bit concerned. it read
    We shall see.

6. xJPxHatchet

xJPxHatchet XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ouch that hurt i guess i relly will try a box of 50 and see pluss the website says 100% guaranteed.

7. Offensive

Offensive XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just got an email from them as well, saw a thread on AR15.com and there have been some good reviews and some bad reviews. There also seems to be some false reviews, waiting to see how that thread pans out. Looking at a ip address check last I saw.

I myself have been going to Walmart and getting a case at a time of Federal 9mm for $196.70 plus tax. It's convenient and it's local. So by the time you factor in shipping it's close to the same price.

The .40 is also a good buy at $256.70 plus tax for a case

8. djoker04

djoker04 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Subscribed....Very interested.....the 9mm for 500 is $103 which is about $20 saving...with the discount even cheaper......I might just order 50 to see my self.....

9. pb803

pb803 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    shipping seems high to my addy vs others I have purchased from.

10. WaXD9mm

WaXD9mm XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I got the same email - I'm betting it's an offshoot of USA AMMO because they are located in Idaho which was where my last batch of USA was shipped from. Also, it looks like they will private label their bullets - all you have to do is send them some artwork is what it says right there on their site. I would imagine you would have to order in pallet quantities to get the private label though. But it looks like the ones getting the email are former or current customers of USA AMMO. That said, if you use the 10% code (which IS working), it essentially covers the freight charge. It will be interesting to see how this stuff gets reviewed.

11. windsearcher

windsearcher XDTalk 3K Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Just ordered from them today. We'll see how it works out. I was lucky with USAAmmo, and never had any problems except for occasional long (but acceptable) delivery times. Longest was maybe 18 - 20 days. For the price not a big deal.

I posted about them here also.... will keep you guys in the loop as I get the first batch and get some range time with it.

12. e-mishka

e-mishka XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just ordrered as well, 1k of 115 gr of remanufactured @ ($165 -10% discount ) + shipping to IL is about $173 total. If quaility of ammo as good as usaammo was, it should be good deal

13. willow

willow XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I got a email from them also and was wondering how they got my name. If it is guys from USA that would explain it.

I wanna see what some of you have to say about it. USAammo's prices have gone up and it doesn't look they sell the reman stuff anymore. Maybe be putting in a order.

14. WaXD9mm

WaXD9mm XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There's no way you can beat .17 cents per round at any local store. Thats a good deal "if" the ammo shoots clean and doesn't have too many FTF's or FTE's. Please keep us posted...

15. crainer1207

crainer1207 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Freedom munitions made the reloads for USAammo before going out on there own. They are in NO way connected to USAammo anymore. When you would order reloads from usaammo in the past it got sent straight to them that is how they have your e-mail address. My info comes from a Freedom Munitions employee.