Ffl123

Discussion in 'XDTalk Chatter Box' started by gjgarre, Mar 20, 2011.

1. gjgarre

gjgarre XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Has anybody here ever looked into this? It sounds too good to be true, but interesting none the less.

2. ThumperIII

ThumperIII XDTalk 1K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    It is.....Just another way to take your money based on fear. The C&R 03 license is designed for individuals. If you know how to sign your name and have a SS# not hard to apply or obtain. NO assistance necessary. The other FFL categories are intended for full commercial enterprises and require a store front, zoning, insurance, inventory tracking, inspections, etc of a normal commercial enterprise. Do not expect approval of new applications for private use.

3. gjgarre

gjgarre XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well the reason I was considering it was because there is a guy I know that runs an FFL transfer company out of his house part time. He is actually a preferred FFL with Bud's Gun Shop. There is no store, just his house. At $25 a transfer, that is some pretty good side money. Plus I would like to be able to build and/or buy suppressors in my home workshop. Will the C&R allow me to do this?

Thanks for the help.

4. DanTheEldest

DanTheEldest XDTalk 10K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0
    No. A Curio and Relic (C&R) license is a limited FFL designed to cut some red tape out of the purchase process for those who have it (usually collectors), but you're limited on which weapons you can acquire to those that are C&R-approved by the ATF. It does not allow you perform any of the functions of a full retail or manufacturing licensee (no transfers, manufacturing of hardware, etc).

5. ThumperIII

ThumperIII XDTalk 1K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Check the NRA site. They are supposed to have a section on FFL licenses and business setups. Should have all the free info the other site is selling. It was easier to get a full FFL some years ago, but since then the BATF has tightened the requirements specifically to prevent Individual use of FFL without an associated business. Many small time FFL dealers grandfathered in before the changes, but many have since been put out of existence by high regulation compliance requirements. Ask your part-time dealer about it, he has first hand knowledge.

6. Cannibul

Cannibul XDTalk 5K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    You don't need a FFL to buy a suppressor. Just fill out the forms, pay the tax and get the stamp.

To legally build a suppressor you need a Type 7 Class 2 license.

7. Sgt 45

Sgt 45 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Check which state you can have a suppressor in. Michigan does not allow it :(

8. DBL_D_GUNS

DBL_D_GUNS XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think the Guide from FFL123.com is well worth the money. I just finished my interview with the ATF agent and I was well prepared with the assistance of the Guide.

It walks you thru the application. I would have applied for the wrong license if I had not bought this guide. It walks you thru the ATF interview, giving you the info the ATF agent will review with you on your visit. Next you learn the best wholesellers to buy from and gives you a much needed reference.

Grant it you can accomplish all this without this guide but this makes it a lot easier with all the information in one place, plus a 150% money back guarantee!!

Just my two cents worth!

DOUBLE D GUNS opening soon!!
    Look me up on my facebook page!!!

9. Chipmunk

Chipmunk XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    FFL123 made it real easy to get my type 07 FFL. It only took me 60 days from start to finish( lic in hand). It explained every step in detail and had examples. I learned a lot from them. Made the process smooth. I would recommend it for anybody wanting to apply for their FFL.

Chipmunk Enterprises LLC

10. Dacsoft

Dacsoft XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Doubl-D and Chipmunk, A recommendation from a brand new member doesn't carry much weight. Sounds like friends trying to help their buddy.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

11. Groo

Groo XDTalk 10K Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Powerforpatriots markII:lol:

12. john_bud

john_bud XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0

I think that's only to allow you to build them FOR SALE. My understanding is that AFTER you get your stamp, you can build a suppressor for your own personal use. It must have all the parts marked, etc, but I thought you can do it yourself.