Extended baseplate for PPQ?

Discussion in 'Non-XD Handguns' started by GunguyLarkin, Feb 5, 2012.

1. GunguyLarkin

GunguyLarkin XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a PPQ .40. There are a few threads about this gun, but not about the mysterious extended baseplates. Supposedly, walther makes a +2 baseplate for 9mm and 40 cal. I have yet to find it for sale anywhere. Does anyone know anything about these impossible to find baseplates?

2. Wingless04

Wingless04 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know that the "First Edition" PPQ came with one standard mag and one +2 mag (as well as other goodies). My guess would be that you could only find them for sale from someone who bought a first edition. Highly unlikely someone would want to part with it though. Maybe you could try contacting Walther.

3. GunguyLarkin

GunguyLarkin XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I sent Walther an email and am currently waiting to hear back. I had a chance to pick up a first edition but backed away. I'm not a big fan of the threaded barrel, unless I was gonna put a suppresor on it. I have never had a suppresor and don't plan on getting one. Not that I don't like them, but I've never been motivated to do the paperwork that goes along with it, nor am I happy that a good one costs as much or more then the gun itself. I went with the standard PPQ. When I hear back from walther I'll give an update. Thanks.

4. Whitebrad25

Whitebrad25 XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Yup. +1.
    For a higher price you could order from here Walther PPS (I know it says PPS but it links to the PPQ magazines)

I only see 9mm but you could send an email and I am sure he could help you further.