EFK Firedragon, Bar-Sto, or Storm Lake 9mm conversion for XD40 Tactical?

Discussion in 'SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories' started by yonse, Sep 20, 2009.

1. yonse

yonse XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all, I am considering purchasing another XD. I had a XD9 subcompact, but sold it to my mom. I have a XD45 compact tactical now and I have been leaning towards either an XD or XDM. I'd really like to know if anyone has experience with using a EFK Firedragon, Bar-Sto, or Storm Lake 9mm conversion barrel in a Springfield XD40 Tactical. If I go that route I would get the 9mm magazines for it as well, but I'd like to know what kind of experience you have, if you need anything else, like springs (Bar-Sto's website says you need a 13 lb. spring, but the others make no mention of needing to use a different spring), and what your experience has been. Any FTE's or FTF's? Have you had to make any modifications? Also, if you have experience with more than one of those barrel manufacturer's, what has your experience been? I am thinking of a 9mm more for being able to reliably use cheaper (sometimes dirtier) ammo in a more powerful gun than for turning it into a tack driver. As such I would rather go with a barrel manufacturer that machines their barrels a little looser and trade some accuracy for a little more reliability when shooting.

2. GunnBugg

GunnBugg XDTalk 1K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    One of those options is actually known for making top of the line match barrels. The other two are kinda Johnny-come-latelys.

When choosing between Dillon and anyone, I choose Dillon.
    when choosing between BarSto and anyone, I choose BarSto.

Why? No risk. If you don't like it send it back. Both of those companies are known for that level of service.

3. oneshao

oneshao XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am also looking for a conversion. XD sub .40cal to a .357 sig. but I am having trouble finding them. EFK FIREDRAGON is out if stock and wont reply to my email

4. trky chsr

trky chsr XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have the 5" Storm Lake conversion barrel. It is very well made and quite accurate but I am having some issues with stovepipes/ FTE. I do not have any 9mm mags as they are very hard to come by in my area so I don't know if that will solve my problem or not. I also have not tried a different spring. I will probably try that next. I have a thread in the general SA talk section on this topic. TC

5. divxrippimp

divxrippimp XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I sold it to my mom is awesome... lol.