Eaa sar k2 45acp

Discussion in 'Non-XD Handguns' started by Davidfl, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Davidfl

Davidfl XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi guys, does anyone have the EAA Sar K2 .45 ACP

Any info, Positive or negative would be appreciated.

Main reason for this gun would be Range and maybe carry while hunting where permitted. More for range practice.

Capacity is 14 rounds. BBL is 4.5, It does have a manual safety on it. Trigger is DA/SA which is good because I like to have that option. Sights are adjustable which is also a good thing on my part. It does weigh in at 40 OZ tho. I know thats a bit heavy but its not for carry so I don't really think that's an issue.

Thoughts?

2. cz75luver

cz75luver XDTalk 3K Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I had come across that pistol while seeing what was new at Davidson's/Gun Genie. It looks really nice.

The only things I know is that it's based off of the CZ 75 design and made by Sarsilmaz in Turkey which is supposed to be a pretty good manufacturer. It sure looks nice, but consider the availability of magazines. I would guess you could use CZ or EAA parts such as the recoil spring and possibly the slide stop. The EAA Witness and CZ 97 can exchange mags, but they only carry 10 rounds. Not sure if they'd work with the Sar K2.

IMHO, if I wanted a CZ design in a .45 ACP, I'd just go with either the CZ97 or EAA model as they have a larger number of third party parts/support. The CZ97 can be had with safety or decocker. The last thing I'll mention is that I've read negative reviews about EAA customer service, but CZ support is excellent. Unfortunately, the CZ cost more.

3. mongovb

mongovb XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For the price, you cant beat a Witness. It would be nice if it had a decocker though like the CZ.

4. Davidfl

Davidfl XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i have one i got the cz phantom its cool its the decocker one

5. Rykko

Rykko XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a 10mm. Super nice & accurate. Very reliable. Like the ability to carry cocked n locked

6. FATSEXY

FATSEXY XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think you can use the clone magazines amongst each other, i.e. you could use this gun's mags in a Witness, but you can't use, say Witness mags in a CZ75.

They look interesting. I'm moving toward buying American, otherwise I'd be extremely interested.

7. Upeowamacho

Upeowamacho XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How many rounds does that 10mm K2 of yours hold? I keep seeing differing numbers between 17 and 19. I think 17 is more realistic, but if they found a way to get 19 in....wow.